Can I take a pass/no pass class in my last quarter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedpower8484848

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am currently graduating this quarter and I have to take part 3 of the spanish language class to graduate. I already took the second part of the language class and received an A. However, the grade distribution for this class and the instructor for the Spanish 3 class is horrible and I was wondering if it would do me any harm to take this class as pass/no pass? @gyngyn @Goro what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
People vary on this. Some don't care. Some advisors say that taking classes pass/fail (especially for non-electives) makes you look lazy. I think it depends on how well you think you would do. Like can you get a good grade but it would just be harder?

In summary: I don't think it's a huge problem, but it probably isn't ideal

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
People vary on this. Some don't care. Some advisors say that taking classes pass/fail (especially for non-electives) makes you look lazy. I think it depends on how well you think you would do. Like can you get a good grade but it would just be harder?

I think that the highest grade that I could possibly get would be an A- looking at the distribution, but a B or B+ would be most likely even if I work hard. My GPA is quite high so I guess I could take a bit of a hit if needed.

Are you sure you can take a graduation requirement P/F? At my school we couldn't, so I wanted to make sure :) That being said, I audited 2 classes senior spring and it wasn't a problem at all

Are you sure you can take a graduation requirement P/F? At my school we couldn't, so I wanted to make sure :) That being said, I audited 2 classes senior spring and it wasn't a problem at all

Yup, just for the foreign language requirement at my school. I think half of my class is taking it pass/fail.

I took a few classes pass/no pass and hasn't been an issue at all. Go for it as long as it is allowed as a graduation requirement (which i see you mentioned already that it is).

I took a few classes pass/no pass and hasn't been an issue at all. Go for it as long as it is allowed as a graduation requirement (which i see you mentioned already that it is).
Thanks. That is good to know. I just don't want it to be an issue. I am submitting my app before my spring quarter grades come out so I don't even know when the meds school will get my updated grades.

Thanks. That is good to know. I just don't want it to be an issue. I am submitting my app before my spring quarter grades come out so I don't even know when the meds school will get my updated grades.

They won't even see them (unless you optionally send them in for an update) until after they accept you and you send them in as one of the final steps for matriculation.

I took Spanish pass/fail my last semester and had a successful cycle