Can it be done?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

horsesense21

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there are about eight weeks till the mcat. being such a crazy summer i only have had little time to study for the mcat. Can it be done in eight weeks? or should i just wait till January? (6 months). i feel that as a student i have a lot of brushing up to do cause there is definitely a lot of material i am not comfortable with. Also i will have school from end of september to mid december. and have a three week vacation and then school again.

What do you guys think?
 
Can it be done?

He will join us, or die my master.

Sorry I had to 😀.

I would start studying now and take the test the last day they offer it in the fall before January. It should be sometime in September. Ideally you want 3 months to study for this test however. If you screw up in September then you can always retake it in the Spring.
 
honestly i am so stressed out now that i cant even study and my sleep has become affected. its hard to focus under this pressure and with so little time is it really possible to get a 30+ score? i would consider myself an average student. nothing spectacular. and im worried because i dont want to take the test and end up with a low score because i rushed it or because i waited to long and started to forget things.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It not to early I have been studying since May for the Jan MCAT.... I broke my study plan into a pre study where I refresh on the topics, a PR MCAT course and a Post study where I will be watching Jco videos and taking AAMCs.

Pre-Study
I have read PR MCAT biology physiology sections
I am enrolled in PR verbal accelerator course
I am reading PR physics along with Chad's video ( he is a miracle working I was really going to give up and study for the DAT because of physics)... I am doing the practice question in PR science Workbook.
I plan to read Kaplan bio book (PR is way to detailed) and do the questions in PR science workbook.
I plan to watch Gen Chem and Orgo from Chad.....

PR course... do everything in the course ( I know I might not see the sun for a while)

Post Study
Abt 6 weeks in which I just take AAMCs, review the AAMCs and watch Jco videos ( I do not think I will have the strength to reread the books)
 
I vote January. No point to rush the MCAT. If you don't do well in January, you still have plenty of time to retake. Start studying casually now though.
 
Study now and you will be happy you did. Studying in the winter time when school burns you out is hard. Also if you are a consistent student in school, this schedule shouldn't be too much for you. I would do VR a little bit each day, and do compressed study sessions, so 2 lessons a day type of thing.

Good luck!
 
Study now and you will be happy you did. Studying in the winter time when school burns you out is hard. Also if you are a consistent student in school, this schedule shouldn't be too much for you. I would do VR a little bit each day, and do compressed study sessions, so 2 lessons a day type of thing.

Good luck!

are you saying to take it in January and start studying now? or start now and take it in seven weeks?