Can Probably Scratch off Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wizeguy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I emailed the Dean of Admissions today (I interviewed with her) at Temple to basically ask "this late in the summer, do I have a chance at acceptance still?" - she responded saying they have had less movement than expected and that they're actually overbooked right now, but that the waitlist will still be effective until august 7th -

I think that was a nice way of her saying "you don't have a shot kid" -
What I'm also wondering is - how can a school be overbooked and go to the waitlist at all??? Dont' you only go tot he list if you're underbooked (ie spots open up?) - That's another reason I think she was just being nice...which I appreciate - but maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if shejust slammed the door shut on me - i don't know - oh well - :( feeling like crap,

wizeguy :(

Members don't see this ad.

That SUCKS dude! I think you are right--if they have more accepted acceptances than spots, then I don't see why they would go to the waitlist, either. Hang in there. :luck:

I wouldn't read into these responses too much. They tend to be generic and they would rather have you believe you can't get in and let you in than vice versa.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess...but I don't know...I feel like if I had a chance, she might be more inclined to write something like "while we can't predict movement, with a bit more movement you may have a shot..." but then again, apparition, what you're saying makes sense....

I just have a very, very tangible feeling that AGAIN, this won't be the year.....and while I know I"ll apply again and again until I get in - you just begin to feel more and more haggard as time goes on without an acceptance :(

Tehn again, maybe it is just a generic response - I mean maybe its a way of just responding while between the lines saying "i didnd't pick up your file after reading this, and i can't tell you anything exactly on point, so i'll just say this and if you get in, great!" -

but the more i tell myself things that make me think i still have a chance - the more i think to myself i'm just being DELUSIONAL :(