Can programs tell where you have done other aways?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dermhopefully

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you interview can programs tell where you have done all your aways? Can they like see that on your transcript? I assume not?

I know they could probably find out from word of mouth or point blank if they ask you and you tell them.


I am asking because I am figuring that I could do one big away and get a nice letter (but maybe not match at this place) and then do another away at a less big-time program in hopes of matching there. Only thing is on interviews I wouldn't exactly want to be advertising my away at that second program....