Can somone give me some career ideas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phenom832

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am majoring in exercise science but unfortunatly got a D in my biology class I am wanting to go into the medical field in sports medicine as maybe a physical thearapist but looking at Pt schools i dont know if i can get in I am only a freshman in university . So should i look into chiropractor schools or something else? Help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am majoring in exercise science but unfortunatly got a D in my biology class I am wanting to go into the medical field in sports medicine as maybe a physical thearapist but looking at Pt schools i dont know if i can get in I am only a freshman. So should i look into chiropractor schools or something else? Help!
Figure out why you got a low grade, fix the problem, get high grades from now on, and keep MD/DO open as an option.

Members don't see this ad :)
Figure out why you got a low grade, fix the problem, get high grades from now on, and keep MD/DO open as an option.

Just the college adjustment i think,but wouldnt MD/DO wouldnt that be harder to get into

Just the college adjustment i think,but wouldnt MD/DO wouldnt that be harder to get into
Any low grade will lower your chances, sure, but your chances are not eliminated was my point. A D is a red flag, but retaking it for an A followed by the rest of your semesters at a 3.8+ or so would make most schools forgive the poor start to your college career.

I'm assuming you were premed before? Your freshman! Don't stress, just do better and as long as you can maintain a good overall GPA throughout the next few years you will be ok. The average applicant has somewhere around a 3.6 GPA...thats far from a perfect record.

I'm assuming you were premed before? Your freshman! Don't stress, just do better and as long as you can maintain a good overall GPA throughout the next few years you will be ok. The average applicant has somewhere around a 3.6 GPA...thats far from a perfect record.

no have been exercise science all year and say i can get a 3.0 is that decent for post grad stuff

no have been exercise science all year and say i can get a 3.0 is that decent for post grad stuff

A 3.0 your freshman year won't kill you. There are lots of successful applicants who come back from worse. But a 3.0 overall for your college career will definitely be a SIGNIFICANT barrier for MD/DO. If you are struggling with your exercise science classes, you might want to change your major to something easier (like in the humanities or social sciences) so that you can focus solely on getting good grades in the pre-med curriculum. I don't know much about what is competitive for PT school, you could ask over on the PT forum though.

A 3.0 your freshman year won't kill you. There are lots of successful applicants who come back from worse. But a 3.0 overall for your college career will definitely be a SIGNIFICANT barrier for MD/DO. If you are struggling with your exercise science classes, you might want to change your major to something easier (like in the humanities or social sciences) so that you can focus solely on getting good grades in the pre-med curriculum. I don't know much about what is competitive for PT school, you could ask over on the PT forum though.
I was talking 3.0 overall :(

Maybe you could be a medical tech or support staff? A 3.0 overall is really bad. If you think you can only get a 3.0, i wouldn't plan on MD/DO.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e usgng Tapatalk

I am majoring in exercise science but unfortunatly got a D in my biology class I am wanting to go into the medical field in sports medicine as maybe a physical thearapist but looking at Pt schools i dont know if i can get in I am only a freshman in university . So should i look into chiropractor schools or something else? Help!

OP you have horrible grammar, but deciphering this I'm getting that you were originally interested in PT school, NOT in medical school, and now you aren't sure if you can get into PT school?

This probably isn't the best place for you to post, since this is the pre-medical forum, and there is a PT forum further down the page. :) You'll get better information on what sort of grades are normally required for PT school in their specific forum.

OP you have horrible grammar, but deciphering this I'm getting that you were originally interested in PT school, NOT in medical school, and now you aren't sure if you can get into PT school?

This probably isn't the best place for you to post, since this is the pre-medical forum, and there is a PT forum further down the page. :) You'll get better information on what sort of grades are normally required for PT school in their specific forum.

OP needs to take some writing classes... :laugh:

....then again, as do I. :rolleyes:

sorry for the bad grammar i was typing quick but any other suggestions

sorry for the bad grammar i was typing quick but any other suggestions

Study harder:)

From personal experience, I will tell you that a cGPA below 3.0 will be a significant barrier for any continuing education, many graduate/professional programs have a 3.0 cutoff and I'd be a little skeptical of any school that didn't (aka diploma mill).

Figure out why you did bad, fix it, make critical career decisions later.