Can the primary application be submitted w/o MCAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can the primary application be submitted w/o MCAT score? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

NO, there is...the app takes 3 weeks to process.

Members don't see this ad :)
do any of you know how med schools weigh the scores when you take MCAT's more than once? I heard there are some who take best, some who take latest and some average it!

anyone has more info about this? what do med schools usually do?

thanks!

do any of you know how med schools weigh the scores when you take MCAT's more than once? I heard there are some who take best, some who take latest and some average it!

thanks!

I'm not sure. Yet, my friend told me as long as one improves a lot on the second MCAT, it's a good thing. He said taking the second time to improve means that he/she is serious about going to medical school.

The primary app doesn't seem like it will take to long then, correct? I will receive my MCAT score on June 11, but I figure it will be best just to send in my primary app on June 1. I just need to write up my personal statement in the ten days I have after finals.

Cool.

thanks!

From my understanding, most schools take the most recent score.

I had a question for those who can answer. I'll be retaking the MCAT June 13th but I want to apply as soon as the applications come out. If I send in my application in the beginning of June, will my old MCAT scores be processed instead of the recent ones?

I had a question for those who can answer. I'll be retaking the MCAT June 13th but I want to apply as soon as the applications come out. If I send in my application in the beginning of June, will my old MCAT scores be processed instead of the recent ones?

I think so. Then you just indicate on your app that you are planning to take the MCAT again in July.

Yes there is because many non screening schools will give secondaries without the MCAT score so all they will be waiting for is your scores.

what if i put in my app without the mcat score and without adding any schools yet so that amcas can process it, then adding in schools when i get my score? does anyone know if that's possible?

So, I won't receive any secondary if I submit my primary without a MCAT score?
It depends on the school. If they don't screen, you may receive one. Whether you receive one or not, you can start working on the secondary questions ahead of time. There is a thread every year in Pre-Allo that lists all of the questions for each school. :luck: to you. :)

are LORs part of the secondary, and is it possible to get interviews before submitting LORs?

what if i put in my app without the mcat score and without adding any schools yet so that amcas can process it, then adding in schools when i get my score? does anyone know if that's possible?

No you gotta let them know at least of one school before submitting it. You can always add more later on but to send it I'd think you need one school at least. If you are going to do that you might as well wait til you get your scores but your practice scores often give an indicator of your scores.

BTW, gujudoc, which schools give out secondary apps without MCAT scores? Can you name a few ? Thanks.

A lot of Fl. schools. I don't know every single school off the top of my head. There's an MSAR for a reason. Call teh schools and find out individually from places of interest.

The primary app doesn't seem like it will take to long then, correct? I will receive my MCAT score on June 11, but I figure it will be best just to send in my primary app on June 1. I just need to write up my personal statement in the ten days I have after finals.

Cool.

Waiting 10 days isn't a big deal. If you were taking the MCAT in like August or something it would make a big deal. But June 11th would still be early.

I'm taking the MCAT late July to early August.

I guess it would be wise to submit my application early and to my tenative schools, correct?

If I do super on the MCAT, I can always submit additional schools at a later point, correct?

Thanks!