Can you add letters of rec and recommenders info after submitting primary application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joeception

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that this was able to be edited after submission but on the submit screen it says this section of the application will be locked? Do I have to fill out the information before submitting and then can wait for letters of rec, or can I submit it blank and be able to add the information latter?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have not yet sent in my primary but I think you can send letters to specific schools independently of your primary application. I only know this because many people who don't use Interfolio send their letters individually to each school.

I have not yet sent in my primary but I think you can send letters to specific schools independently of your primary application. I only know this because many people who don't use Interfolio send their letters individually to each school.

I just gave them a call to be on the safe side and letters can still be added through ACCOMAS after submitting

Members don't see this ad :)
I just gave them a call to be on the safe side and letters can still be added through ACCOMAS after submitting

omg i had the same question. so you don't have to add the recommender even beforehand? i can just leave it blank, right?

omg i had the same question. so you don't have to add the recommender even beforehand? i can just leave it blank, right?

That is correct, you can just leave it blank and add them in later