Can you appeal a post-interview rejection???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zealous

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know you can do it pre-interview but does anyone know or heard of someone doing it post-interview? Thanks!! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm curious as to why anyone would want to appeal. Does this work? If they have already filled their class and don't want you in it, what will change with an appeal? Isn't so much of it (interviews, personal statment, LOR) subjective anyway? What is there to appeal?

Zealous,

No, I don't think you can. It seems that the reason that many schools consider appeals is that often only one person makes the initial decision on your application. After you interview the entire committee discusses you. If only one person looks at your application, it is possible that a "mistake" could be made (maybe that person has a personal bias against people like you or missed something in the application). It is unlikely that the committee will miss something since it is a larger group of people and you have personally interviewed with someone.