Can you do good in Bio by solely studying the feralis booster anki cards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiikookie

PrePod
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Asking for Canadian DAT, but could be the same answer for the american DAT

Members don't see this ad.

Asking for Canadian DAT, but could be the same answer for the american DAT
I get these type of questions asked and the answer always depends on the students foundation in the subject matter. For most students I helped throught the years, that would NOT be enough. The Bio section is tough and covers a lot of material, also being the first section on the DAT you want to be very prepared so your mindset is not shattered for the rest of the exam if you are presented questions you can't answer. No one knows exactly what questions will be presented so being OVER prepared is always better than under if you want to avoid a possible retake. (this applies to all sections of the exam)
Hope this answers your questions and perhaps some others will chime in.

Wishing you the best.
Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I agree with Nancy here in saying that using just the Feralis Anki Cards WILL NOT be enough. The Bio section is extremely expansive and my best advice to you if your looking for a single source of information to study from I would use the free High yield Bio notes that are on the DAT Bootcamp website (I believe these were compiled from the Feralis notes?). Its about a 130 page document but its in your best interest to go through all of it and understand each concept. Once you've learned the material then feel free to use Anki cards to help you recall the information.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I used the Dynamite Bio review when I took the DAT, which is free on the Orgoman facebook group and I think the website too. It really helped me build a solid foundation for the bio section because it really is so broad-reaching! It was longer than some of the other materials, but laid out in a way that made it seem pretty short and more intuitive to learn. Would be worth checking those out instead of using Anki decks alone!

Unless you have a really strong foundation in biology, I don't think you can just use the DATbooster notes, and I'm not sure it would be easy to even understand some of the cards. They are created to use in conjunction with the notes and videos, and work like a review to prevent you from forgetting things you have learned in the notes. The booster cards were an amazing resource for me, especially it saved me so much time from making my own cards and taking notes, but they were great because it cemented the stuff I learned from the feralis notes