Can you find a job without internship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted158872

That's the question. How difficult is it to find a job offer after graduation if you don't have intern experience other than IPPE/APPE and tech experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF you're looking for a metropolitan hospital job, you Might have a chance at a job after graduation without residency but its most likely gonna be graveyard shift and thats only if you've interned there for a few years and have a grasp of their workflow. But trust me even thats gonna require a residency going forward the pharmacy job market is a lot different than it was even 4-5 years ago.

I don't see any graduating pharmacist being chronically unemployed but the worst possible outcome would be having to take a part time floater job at the likes of CVS

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That's the question. How difficult is it to find a job offer after graduation if you don't have intern experience other than IPPE/APPE (but you had tech experience)?

I cant speak for other CVS markets or chains but it is close to impossible to find a job after graduation without experience. Most supervisors that I have worked with will only hire externally if their need can not be filled internally. If they have to look externally, they want someone either with intern experience at another chain OR a few years experience as a pharmacist.

To get a job with CVS after graduation without an internship is a lot harder now, and there are other things in the background like military experience, or management experience, etc...

I've known people who worked for 1 chain and got a job with another, retail experience can help but they usually hire within if they can. I know someone who already has a job position lined out for her once she graduates. I worked for 2 chains in my days and left on good terms with both, hopefully it helps me out.

I was hired by CVS as a staff pharmacist in a major metro area right out of school with no experience (class of 2014). Granted, our district was growing quickly and they needed 3-4 people, but good interview skills will take you a long way. Hopefully you can network well through your rotations (that's what got me my current job).