Can you get a feeling while taking mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ascg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you know if you should really void or not ? Is there any way of assessing your performance ? Because I took a few practices and felt like I got 30+ and ended up doing much worse. So im worried that I wont know to void it

Members don't see this ad.

Is it possible to get an accurate feeling of how you did after the mcat ? My test is tomorrow and i may void it depending on how I do.

ur bound to feel you did worse, simply because real thing is harder

there r about million posts related to this but i think it's good not to void unless you absolutely bombed a passage or two

I feel like it's pretty much universal that you're going to think you did worse than you actually did. I feel this is mainly due to the fact that you don't get the instant feedback of your scores like you do during FLs. You're going to dwell on the difficult parts of the test, and blow things out of proportion. The real deal is also likely to be a touch harder than the practice tests. Unless you didn't get to a passage, or were guessing wildly on a significant number of questions, I think it's fairly difficult to be able to determine your level of achievement in the heat of the moment.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it possible to get an accurate feeling of how you did after the mcat ? My test is tomorrow and i may void it depending on how I do.

The ONLY reason you should is if you didn't complete a section or got sick and didn't complete the test. If you void because you don't think you did well, you're dumb.