Dr. Chiquita

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2003
in pajamas
Visit site
Status
Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum. And it is for my best friend. She is a citizen of another country and she wants to come to US to obtain an associate degree in nursing in the hope of finding a job as an RN at US hospitals? Is this easily done? Is finding a job as a foreign national tough even with a US degree? Are there any nursing schools, especially the 2-year program ones, that are very supportive about helping their international students find jobs after graduation? Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

cecilia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 2, 2003
Southern California
Visit site
Status
maybe you could contact the nursing schools directly and see if they would be able to bring her with a contract or something like that so that she could get her green card. also you should ask an immigration attorney.
what country is she in?

porknbeans

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
south fla
Status
im in the same boat as her... i am here as an international student in a community college. being a foreign students means that we have to pay 3x more than regular students pay...=( (but there are loans out there)

she can come here to get here RN in 2yrs (it's really more than that though-fine print) take the NCLEX and pass it. hospitals now could hire her and sponsor her.

with my experience, nursing schools doesn't look for hospitals/employers for you. you have to apply on your own but rest assured that it is easy to find a job, be it a US grad or foreign grad

PM me if you have more questions.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads