Dr. Chiquita

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2003
in pajamas
Visit site
Status
Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum. And it is for my best friend. She is a citizen of another country and she wants to come to US to obtain an associate degree in nursing in the hope of finding a job as an RN at US hospitals? Is this easily done? Is finding a job as a foreign national tough even with a US degree? Are there any nursing schools, especially the 2-year program ones, that are very supportive about helping their international students find jobs after graduation? Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

cecilia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 2, 2003
Southern California
Visit site
Status
maybe you could contact the nursing schools directly and see if they would be able to bring her with a contract or something like that so that she could get her green card. also you should ask an immigration attorney.
what country is she in?

OP
D

Dr. Chiquita

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2003
in pajamas
Visit site
Status
She's from Korea. So there are some nursing degree programs that come with job opportunities in US.

porknbeans

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
south fla
Status
im in the same boat as her... i am here as an international student in a community college. being a foreign students means that we have to pay 3x more than regular students pay...=( (but there are loans out there)

she can come here to get here RN in 2yrs (it's really more than that though-fine print) take the NCLEX and pass it. hospitals now could hire her and sponsor her.

with my experience, nursing schools doesn't look for hospitals/employers for you. you have to apply on your own but rest assured that it is easy to find a job, be it a US grad or foreign grad

PM me if you have more questions.