Can you help me trim down my school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1030321

Hey guys! So I posted a few days ago on here and expanded slightly upon a school list some people helped me create given my stats, but it seems a bit to big (31 schools). Could you help me filter out some low yield/unnecessary schools from my list? Thanks! :)
My list:
Toledo
Wright State
Northeast Ohio
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Case Western
Cleveland Clinic
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
Vermont
Mount Sinai
NYU
Jefferson
Boston University
Rush
Drexel
Stanford
Cornell
UVA
Kaiser Permanente
Duke
Emory
Howard
Vanderbilt
Miami
U Chicago
Northwestern
Tulane
Baylor
My stats:
cGPA: 3.9
sGPA: 3.85
MCAT: 520
Nonclinical volunteering: 250 hours at 2 food pantries, 50 hours at a blood bank, both over the course of ~1.5 years
Clinical experience (not volunteering): 750 hours as a CNA over the course of 1 year
Shadowing: 50 hours in neuro ICU
Major: neuroscience
Research: Estimating around 500 hours, 1 pub
Leadership: Coordinated a blood drive at the blood bank I mentioned earlier
State of residence: Ohio
Demographics: ORM, almost first gen (my mom just went back to school and got a bachelor's)/no doctors in family, rural, lowish ses (parental income combined 70k, 2 dependents)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
With your stats, definitely most of your Ohio in-state options are in play but you can be more selective with out-of-state applications. Remove any public schools outside of Ohio that don't really favor you as an OOS applicant. Choose the private schools where you really want to attend but don't punch above your weight too much;; go where you really want to go and have already made networking connections to get a strong insight into curriculum and student support. Are your experience hours enough for Rush?

With your stats, definitely most of your Ohio in-state options are in play but you can be more selective with out-of-state applications. Remove any public schools outside of Ohio that don't really favor you as an OOS applicant. Choose the private schools where you really want to attend but don't punch above your weight too much;; go where you really want to go and have already made networking connections to get a strong insight into curriculum and student support. Are your experience hours enough for Rush?
Hmm, I'm not sure. Does Rush favor a lot of community service? If they do, I will probably take that off my list as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.