You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Can you order schedule IV with a 222 form?
Started by JustFillIt
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No idea. But that's a great outside the box idea to byspass CVS' god-awful inventory system.
I've never heard of someone doing it but I was definitely taught that you theoretically could
Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why ?
Why ?
I need to come up with a creative solution on how to replenish inventory... it’s a very strange situation right now but it’s important.. I think it would work
Why create extra work? Did you accidentally write C IV drug on dea 222 form?I know weird question.. Can it be done this way?
Why ?
I'm going to guess here.
There are shortages here recently of various strengths of alprazolam, clonazepam, and lorazepam. However, pharmacies no longer have access to Cardinal ordering. If something is needed, it needs to be out of stocked on RxConnect on an actual prescription. For a long time, pharmacies were putting in dummy scripts to bypass this nonsense, but corporate has put a stop to it.
222 Forms can't be controlled (and subsequently have their orders denied) by CVS' inventory system.
So this could be a great method to bypass CVS' terrible, non-functional inventory system.
I'm intrigued. If anyone actually tries it, tell me how it works out.
Why create extra work? Did you accidentally write C IV drug on dea 222 form?
No - I need a creative solution which by nature usually always carries extra work. Why I need to do it is an absurd situation that is out of my control. And - no boo boo was made I am just considering writing in some civ and see what happens.
Anyone ever try it?
Yup, I was always taught you could order ANY drug - even non-scheduled - on these forms.
So assuming one can order like this...
How about record keeping? Normal invoice is filed in the C3-5 folder, and the 222 is filed with the other executed 222 forms (normal C2 orders)? And DEA gets their copy of the form just like normal? Would any record-keeping requirements be altered?
How about record keeping? Normal invoice is filed in the C3-5 folder, and the 222 is filed with the other executed 222 forms (normal C2 orders)? And DEA gets their copy of the form just like normal? Would any record-keeping requirements be altered?
So assuming one can order like this...
How about record keeping? Normal invoice is filed in the C3-5 folder, and the 222 is filed with the other executed 222 forms (normal C2 orders)? And DEA gets their copy of the form just like normal? Would any record-keeping requirements be altered?
The only law about sorting has to do with scripts. 222 forms just go with the other 222 forms.
I would think that if you used a 222 for for anything other than a cii you could just keep one copy in store, one copy at the other end, and throw away the dea copy.. right?
You could try ordering via the phone? I have gotten around CVS' inventory K-award this way.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 5K