This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnlyIfICouldTurnBackTime

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Say you finished the natural science section rather quickly. Can you cumulatively carry those extra time to the PAT section?

Also, do people in general run out of time / finish on point / have few minutes to spare to go over things during the actual DAT?

Thanks for your replies.

Members don't see this ad.

No you cannot carry any remaining time over to subsequent sections unfortunately. As for running it of time/ having time to review, it just depends on the individual and how well you understand the material. Usually QR is the section that many people run out of time on as it is the last section of the exam and by that point you are just tired and want it all to be over with. . Practice is the key!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
No you cannot carry any remaining time over to subsequent sections unfortunately. As for running it of time/ having time to review, it just depends on the individual and how well you understand the material. Usually QR is the section that many people run out of time on as it is the last section of the exam and by that point you are just tired and want it all to be over with. . Practice is the key!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah I agree, practice is key. It's one thing to know the material, another thing to be able to recognize them immediately, and that takes practice. And yeah, QR is usually the one people have most issue with time. Most people are generally ok with the sciences in terms of time. PAT can be tough as well, but I think bootcamp's timed generators really do the trick in helping you get faster. For me, RC was the hardest since I am a slow reader. I finished with about 8 minutes left, and I rushed to quickly go over the marked questions during those 8 minutes. I usually have no issue with QR time, but on the real test I was really rushed, partly due to me being tired and anxious. I finished the sciences with about 25 minutes left so I went through all of it once more. I had about 9 minutes left on PAT.

Reactions: 1 users
If you get enough practice time is no issue at all. I finished SNS with about 25-30 minutes. PAT was a lost cause but I took my time and finished with 5 min left. RC about 8 min or so but I was fairly confident and only changed 1 or 2 qs I knew were wrong so that helped me a bit haha! QR I finished with 10 min left and... I DONT KNOW WHY I COULDNT DO BETTER :rage::rage::rage:

Reactions: 1 user