Can you submit guaranteed opportunities as completed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future_Bone_Docta

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got offered an internship in an oncological department of a large hospital working as an interning exercise physiologist. This internship is a research based internship where I will be working with current oncological populations studying the effects of exercise as a cancer treatment. I will be applying for medical school in the beginning of June, and this internship will begin about middle of May to early June. It is all set up, and will equate to about 450 clinical/ research hours. When filling out my application, will I be able to put this as a completed activity?(since by interviews it would be concluded) Another question is that this is also an unpaid internship, so will it also count as volunteering? What should I label this opportunity as since it encompasses clinical/research/ and volunteering?

Members don't see this ad.

1. No, project your hours.
2. Yes, you can put it as volunteering.
3. Put either clinical or research, whichever you feel is lacking in your application. Adcoms will classify it as they see fit.

Reactions: 1 user
1. No, project your hours.
2. Yes, you can put it as volunteering.
3. Put either clinical or research, whichever you feel is lacking in your application. Adcoms will classify it as they see fit.
In regards to your first response. You're saying that I should label it as projected hours that will be completed? Sorry if it is a dumb question, I am a first time applicant so I am not very familiar with the whole process.

In regards to your first response. You're saying that I should label it as projected hours that will be completed? Sorry if it is a dumb question, I am a first time applicant so I am not very familiar with the whole process.
You can used the Repeated feature to divide the hours into those you completed and future hours by using the current month as the end of the first timespan and also the beginning of the second. All the hours will appear in the header of the space.

You can label it as Research or Volunteer, not both, but you can title the space with a name that suggests the other component.

Reactions: 2 users