Can you write down notes during the rest break?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MK Kobra

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It would be pretty helpful if you could use the rest break to write down equations, trig functions, unit circle, etc before the math section. Can you use your rest break to write down notes?

Members don't see this ad.

I've never taken PCAT. but from what I've heard, you are given the erasable notepad. I think you can write down anything once you are situated in front of the computer. Maybe during the long break, take a peek at all the reference notes. Sit down bit earlier without starting the test and write stuff down. Then don't erase it until math section comes up. I don't think there is any rule against it.

Anyone please confirm if you have taken the PCAT.

I just checked pearson's website and you are right, Thestrugglez

"If, at the rest break, you must access a personal item, such as an item needed to take to a restroom, this is allowed. However, if you access anything else from the secure area (cell phone, backpack, study notes, etc.), your test will be invalidated. If you access, check, or turn on your cell phone at any time during your test session (including you break) your test will be invalidated."​