Canadian Applicant - Do we need to resubmit our cDAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Syphilis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the Feb 2015 cDAT and received a score and they sent the scores to a handful of the schools I was interested in.

Problem is that when they were sent, it was theoretically still during the 2014-2015 cycle (i.e. I was not an applicant).

I am applying for schools this year (i.e. 2015-2016 cycle) and am wondering if I need to resubmit my cDAT scores to the schools that I had theoretically already sent my scores to.

Do they keep track of DAT scores regardless of whether the person was an applicant or not?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering the same as I'd rather just send the american... is that the same issue with u?

If there's no application to match the received scores, the score report is eventually thrown out. I called individual schools to ask and since cDAT scores can't be uploaded to AADSAS, they have to individually be mailed to your schools of choice. They advised that I time the DAT requests with my AADSAS submission so that schools receive everything around the same time.

Just another tip... I also asked the schools and the CDA how our score reports are matched to our applications since there's no specific number or anything that matches and allows cross-referencing. They said they usually go by name. I figured once I've e-submitted and requested my score report, I'll email each school and let them know my AADSAS application # as well as the cDAT personal identification number at the bottom of our score report so they can keep an eye out and maybe make a match faster. This may not be totally necessary as they've been doing this for years, but if you have a common name or expect that your score report will be received earlier/later than your application, it's probably best to do this just to be safe!

Good luck Canadian friends :)

Members don't see this ad :)
@OP, if you're just applying to Canadian schools though and not American ones, I believe that they do keep those on file since the Canadian cycle doesn't open up until later. You should call/e-mail each school just to be sure!

Contact each school, I took the test in Feb/2015 and a couple of schools have replied that they still have my DAT grade even though I wasn't an applicant last cycle