Canadian applying to Australia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudyingCausesBruxism

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you have a good plan. One thing I would suggest is to just re-write it anyway in the near future. If you get a higher score, they might consider it even after you submit your original score. If they don't, at least you have it done for the next cycle.

Something that I've heard is that you can't practice in the US with an australian dental licence, but don't quote me on that. It's something you may want to check up on. Also why not apply to American schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
It would be a great asset to have research experience. But the most efficient way to move forward is to re-write the DAT to improve your overall statistics as an applicant this year.

Something that I've heard is that you can't practice in the US with an australian dental licence, but don't quote me on that. It's something you may want to check up on. Also why not apply to American schools?

That's correct. You must do a ~2 year qualifying program to practice in USA as an Australian grad.

That's correct. You must do a ~2 year qualifying program to practice in USA as an Australian grad.

To add to that ^ you have to pay tuition for that program which is usually around 60-70k/year in $USD. Basically not worth going to the US in my opinion for dental school.

Hi, I am from Singapore. I completed my Singapore-Cambridge A Levels last November 2016 and results will be out this year late February 2017. I am interested in applying to Australian dental school (bachelor of dental surgery) but I am not sure about the application process. Could anyone help to answer my questions below, if it is not too much trouble?

1) when to apply( is it in April 2017 or does it differ for different schools)?
2) Can i apply with my A Levels results or do I need to take any tests?
3) If I apply this year, when will I start my studies?

Thank You So Much!! :)