Canadian DAT Carving Score Relevance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sab93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just got my DAT scores back and was very happy with some of them.. however my carving score was 12. I was pretty confused by this because while I was doing it I was pretty happy with it. I know that for canadian schools, only Manitoba and Saskatchewan require it, but I've heard from other students that Wester, U of T etc. still look at it "unofficially".

My scores were as follows. Do you think I'll need to rewrite the DAT and exclude the carving section? Or will I be okay for the schools which do not officially look at carving

Reading - 24
Bio - 23
Chem - 22
Science total - 23
AA - 23
Perception - 19
Carving - 12

Thanks so much! Any info would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Which schools did you apply? If not, which ones are you thinking of?
I am applying to U Manitoba, Saskatchewan (both of which I know look at carving), Western, and U of Toronto in Canada. In the States I am applying to Rutgers, Boston U, NYU, Columbia, Buffalo, Marquette, Temple University, Meharry, and Case Western Reserve in Ohio.

I'm pretty sure Saskatchewan does not consider carving. The only Canadian Schools that use the carving section are the University of Alberta, University of Manitoba, Université de Montréal and Université Laval.