Canadian EE Released Test Item Bank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brain in dds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Friends,

i'm starting this new thread only limited to Released Qs released by NDEB of Canada. They 660 pages looooooooooooooong!
So, another platform for all EE students to dance on and get each other's help in getting the right answer! :clap:

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

enamel pearl and projections are corrected with odontoplasty but when you have narrow furcation, cleaning is very difficult which decreases succes of perio

mineralisation is the same as calcification.
there's a page in Mosby's review for part II , i think it's in pedo/ortho section with teeth calcification dates
Tetracycline will stain teeth if given from 4-6 month in utero till around 8 years of age (except for third molars)
It crosses the placenta and it's deposited in teeth and bones
Teeth appear fluorescent under UV light

Mosby part I and II rank both the enamel projections and narrow furcations as factors that strongly affect the prognosis of the periodontitis.
If you have an enamel projection in bifurcation it is likely that the exposed bifurcation be a niche to plaque all the time . I don' t think you can expect to have a healthy attachment in that area even after treatment. Also, I first tried with the narrow furcation and the web scored it incorrect. when i did enamel pearls it was correct..

Tetracycline:

to begin with the question makes no sense because mineralizationa and calcification are the same to me ... There is nothing about the mechanism that tetracycline affects the tooth formation in Mosby part II. Does anybody know how does tetracycline stain the teeth ?

Members don't see this ad :)
mosby part i and ii rank both the enamel projections and narrow furcations as factors that strongly affect the prognosis of the periodontitis.
If you have an enamel projection in bifurcation it is likely that the exposed bifurcation be a niche to plaque all the time . I don' t think you can expect to have a healthy attachment in that area even after treatment. Also, i first tried with the narrow furcation and the web scored it incorrect. When i did enamel pearls it was correct..

Tetracycline:

To begin with the question makes no sense because mineralizationa and calcification are the same to me ... There is nothing about the mechanism that tetracycline affects the tooth formation in mosby part ii. Does anybody know how does tetracycline stain the teeth ?

:) good luck!

It is Maxillary Canines Sarna......

doesnt maxillary canine hv the same time of exfoliation as the second molars, 10 12 yrs?
this is wht i found frm the decks!

exfoliation time:-
max canine: 10-12 yrs
mand canine: 9-10 yrs
max and mand second molars:10-12 yrs

:confused:

Can someone pl answer: how to do this?

and also how many 1mg = how many ml?

A recently introduced LA is claimed by manufacturer to be as potent as procaine.The product is available in 0.05%buffered acq solution in 1.8ml cartridge. The maximum amount recommended for dental anethesia for a 4 hour period is 30mg . This amount is contained in how many catridges?
1. 1-9
2. 10-20
3. 19-27
4. 28-36
5. Greater than 36

Question:

Pretreatment with which of the following drugs will potentiate the ability of an IV injection of acetlycholine to LOWER blood pressure?
1. Methacholine
2. Epinephrine
3. Pilopcarpine
4. Physostigamine
5. Pralidoxime

Pl can anyone answrs? and why?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Can someone pl answer: how to do this?

and also how many 1mg = how many ml?

A recently introduced LA is claimed by manufacturer to be as potent as procaine.The product is available in 0.05%buffered acq solution in 1.8ml cartridge. The maximum amount recommended for dental anethesia for a 4 hour period is 30mg . This amount is contained in how many catridges?
1. 1-9
2. 10-20
3. 19-27
4. 28-36
5. Greater than 36

Question:

Pretreatment with which of the following drugs will potentiate the ability of an IV injection of acetlycholine to LOWER blood pressure?
1. Methacholine
2. Epinephrine
3. Pilopcarpine
4. Physostigamine
5. Pralidoxime

Pl can anyone answrs? and why?

Thanks!!

The numeric value of a percent solution represents grams of anesthetic per 100 mL.
so 0.05% would give us 0.5mg/ml
Each cartridge is 1.8 ml and contains 1.8 * 0.5 = 0.9 mg of anesthetic
30 mg will be the amount of 30/0.9 = 33.33 cartridge which is answer d.28-36

1mg = 1ml but only for water because density of water equals 1
else you have to use d=m/v

The only logic answer would be 1.Methacholine which has the same effect as acethylcholine

epinephrine and pilocarpine are antagonists
physostigmine is inhibitor of acethylcholine
pralidoxime is binds to acethylcholinesterase and potentialize atropine

The numeric value of a percent solution represents grams of anesthetic per 100 mL.
so 0.05% would give us 0.5mg/ml
Each cartridge is 1.8 ml and contains 1.8 * 0.5 = 0.9 mg of anesthetic
30 mg will be the amount of 30/0.9 = 33.33 cartridge which is answer d.28-36

1mg = 1ml but only for water because density of water equals 1
else you have to use d=m/v

The only logic answer would be 1.Methacholine which has the same effect as acethylcholine

epinephrine and pilocarpine are antagonists
physostigmine is inhibitor of acethylcholine
pralidoxime is binds to acethylcholinesterase and potentialize atropine

I think the answer would be physostigmine-cholinesterase inhibitor will increase the levels of acetylocholine. Methacholine as choline ester may compete with acetylocholine for the same receptors and inhibit the action of given acetylocholine. What do you think?

p7/q2

Which of the following methods of cavity preparation is most likely to cause damage to the pulp?
a-ultra high speed and water spray
b- ultra high speed and no water spray
c- conventional speed and no water spray
d- conventional speed and water spray

It's B or C but I could not find a source that specified one or the other. I am thinking C

I think the answer would be physostigmine-cholinesterase inhibitor will increase the levels of acetylocholine. Methacholine as choline ester may compete with acetylocholine for the same receptors and inhibit the action of given acetylocholine. What do you think?

Hey ebbiedog/ Sarna,

Here is what I think, agree with Sarna)

If any cholinergic agents are adminstered BEFORE acetlycholine , the actions of ACH will be prolonged and enhanced.
So Physiostigmine is an indirectly acting Cholinesterase inhibitor, BUT ( cholinomimetic agent) therefore will do all the cholinergic actions.
Stimulates sweat salivary tear and brochial..
Stimulates smooth muscles brocho GI , gall bladder, ...
Heart slows down , and
Decreases BP, vasodilation

so pre:tx with this physio will potentiate ach effect!

Last edited:
I'm not good in pharmacology....:help:
so you're probably right, cause I just found this :

Physostigmine is functioned as an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. Its mechanism is to prevent the hydrolysis of acetylcholine by acetylcholinesterase at the transmitted sites of acetylcholine. Therefore, the effect of acetylcholine is enhanced.

Members don't see this ad :)
What happened to the "search this thread" function that used to be on the right hand corner? It was there a few days ago. :confused:

Acute osteomyelitis of the mandible differs from malignant neoplasm because it
A. is asymptomatic.
B. is associated with high fever.
C. has an excellent prognosis.
D. has well defined radiographic margins.​

Acute osteomyelitis of the mandible differs from malignant neoplasm because it
A. is asymptomatic.
[B]is associated with high fever
C. has an excellent prognosis.
D. has well defined radiographic margins.​

B for sure

Last edited:
As for the above, all answers are good except :

[SIZE=-1]B[/SIZE]est success rates for implants ...it goes like this : (from best to worst)

[SIZE=-1]anterior mandible, posterior mandible, anterior maxilla, posterior maxilla

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Cyst has more chances to displace neighbor teeth :

Lateral periodontal

Finish line of crown over amalgam should be placed at 1 mm below
[/SIZE]
eebigdog,can you offer us the source of your answer? it is mentioned that the anterior maxilla has the highest failure rate in DECK(07-08) page 1949.
thanks for your post:luck:

pl answer
which structure lies deep to mylohyoid muscle?
lingual nerve
lingual artery
lingual vein

Can anyone pl kindly post how to calculate this : ??

Q:
A paient who weighs 88 lbs is given 2 catridges of 1.8 ml each of 2% lidocaine with 1:100k epi, Approximately what % of the maximum dose is allowed for this patient?
1. 20%
2. 40%
3. 10%
4. 50%

Thanks!:luck:

q: can anyone pl post answers

1. Hypertrophy of Mandibular CONDYLE can result in what?
2. What does a COMPLETE blood cell count include?
3. Syneresis and Imbibition only for Alginate or Agar also?

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
For those who took EE today- how did it go?

I found the questions very confusing the third part.
Did anyone get a test with a test about the test that would be indicative of a completely necrotic pulp, where all the alternatives were wrong?

I found the questions very confusing the third part.
Did anyone get a test with a test about the test that would be indicative of a completely necrotic pulp, where all the alternatives were wrong?

Yes, the pressure was right, so i put pressure&hot.
In the 3rd book a lot of questions were about nothing, bla, bla,bla.. Don't you think.? So during the exam I was thinking: the answer could be this or...this...or....this etc...

totally agree!
well, good luck with the result now! :luck:

In the 3rd book a lot of questions were about nothing, bla, bla,bla.. Don't you think.? So during the exam I was thinking: the answer could be this or...this...or....this etc...

totally agree!
well, good luck with the result now! :luck:

I don't know if I look forward to the results... Now I think that a lot of Qs I might have answered wrong...
:rolleyes:
I am curious: Were there a lot of questions repeated from the released EEs?

Correct me if I am wrong but the question said that the tooth was completely necrotic and asymptomatic...so it could not have been positive to pressure once the periradicular tissue was not infected...or if it was it was a chronic periradicular periodontitis which does not respond to percussion (and definitely could not have been positive to hot or cold). I put the option with pressure and hot too..but I knew all the options were wrong. I was surprised that I was the only one that said anything about this to the invigilator and she said that she was going to make a note about it.
I am wondering if there other questions with no right answer in that 3rd paper..but that thing was so confusing that probably we will never know.:confused:

Correct me if I am wrong but the question said that the tooth was completely necrotic and asymptomatic...so it could not have been positive to pressure once the periradicular tissue was not infected...or if it was it was a chronic periradicular periodontitis which does not respond to percussion (and definitely could not have been positive to hot or cold). I put the option with pressure and hot too..but I knew all the options were wrong. I was surprised that I was the only one that said anything about this to the invigilator and she said that she was going to make a note about it.
I am wondering if there other questions with no right answer in that 3rd paper..but that thing was so confusing that probably we will never know.:confused:

Dralana, I don't remember how exactly the question was formulated- did it say the tooth was asymptomatic?
I think necrotic teeth may be tender to percussion- it does not have to be acute periradicular periodontitis, and if they are tender to percussion, we can expect pulp necrosis.
I also found info, that teeth with infected necrotic pulp may me painful to hot as it increases the pressure in pulp chamber and canal.

I don't know if I look forward to the results... Now I think that a lot of Qs I might have answered wrong...
:rolleyes:
I am curious: Were there a lot of questions repeated from the released EEs?

well,,,, not a lot of Qs frm the test item bank were there, but i believe 30% - 40% direct Qs were on it. moreover, other Qs were there but they had reworded it with the option n the language. so... Good Luck!

well,,,, not a lot of Qs frm the test item bank were there, but i believe 30% - 40% direct Qs were on it. moreover, other Qs were there but they had reworded it with the option n the language. so... Good Luck!

What do you mean by direct questions? Qs repeated word by word from the bank?

is there any1 taking english proficiency test soon fr canadian universities?
just wondering which 1 is better........toefl, ielts, or melab???? :confused:

hi everyone,

i have a quick question....are the subjects/exams for the EE almost the same as the written exam of ndbe? I am planning to take the NDBE and don't know which papers to do....

thankyou for your help in advance and goodluck to all who took their EE....

ur choices are not given, so just going with concept here.

q: can anyone pl post answers

1. Hypertrophy of Mandibular CONDYLE can result in what?---usually mandible deviates to opposite side.

2. What does a COMPLETE blood cell count include?---everything, wbc, dlc, hematocrit .

3. Syneresis and Imbibition only for Alginate or Agar also?
alginate shows imbibition and agar shows syneresis.

Thanks!!!

hi everyone,

i have a quick question....are the subjects/exams for the EE almost the same as the written exam of ndbe? I am planning to take the NDBE and don't know which papers to do....

thankyou for your help in advance and goodluck to all who took their EE....

Do you mean by NDEB the Canadian Board exam?! cuz I'm taking it too on the 6 and 7th of March...do let me know , i'll tell you what to study

Do you mean by NDEB the Canadian Board exam?! cuz I'm taking it too on the 6 and 7th of March...do let me know , i'll tell you what to study

Yes i am talking abt the 6-7th......what do i study?:( i just got hold of these Qs and they are so many:(....

there is a question about pulpotomy(not pulpectomy)

a young man got a deep caries with some involvement of the between-radical bone with or without a fistula,what do you guys think about this?

there is a question about pulpotomy(not pulpectomy)

a young man got a deep caries with some involvement of the between-radical bone with or without a fistula,what do you guys think about this?

I remember this question, but don't remember the answer options:laugh:. Do you?

I remember this question, but don't remember the answer options:laugh:. Do you?
i ruled out two of four options. the left two are put above . one is with fistula,the other is without fistula. i picked the one without fistula.....by guess:scared:

here is another one

one young man has several ulcers on gingiva,without involvement with lymph nodes ,what's the diagnosis?

i picked aphthous:confused:
i think it could be major aphthous, but not sure.

anyone remembers this?

Hi there , wish you the best for your exam results .
Were there a lot of questions about biochemistry , human anatomy and physiology ? I mean basic sciences not special dental related questions
I am preparing for next Feb exam , and have lots of problem with these lessons

i ruled out two of four options. the left two are put above . one is with fistula,the other is without fistula. i picked the one without fistula.....by guess:scared:

I don't even remember my pick... It was a first time for me and I think one has to be prepared for 100%. 50% of questions were easy (i believe) the other 50% - one has to earn...
Folks! is there anything before the next time? I mean there won't be any other EE before the new rules are in power? Please correct me if I'm wrong

Do I have to wait until the next year?

here is another one

one young man has several ulcers on gingiva,without involvement with lymph nodes ,what's the diagnosis?

i picked aphthous:confused:
i think it could be major aphthous, but not sure.

anyone remembers this?

Yes i remember i chose aphtous for this question.

Dralana, I don't remember how exactly the question was formulated- did it say the tooth was asymptomatic?
I think necrotic teeth may be tender to percussion- it does not have to be acute periradicular periodontitis, and if they are tender to percussion, we can expect pulp necrosis.
I also found info, that teeth with infected necrotic pulp may me painful to hot as it increases the pressure in pulp chamber and canal.

I was about to discuss this Q too with u guys, i read that Q maybe 3 times:confused: the wording of the Q was not correct, i chose the percussion with heat its the only one that makes sense, i think that when a necrotic pulp gets infected it becomes gangrenous, which in turn may have sensitivity to heat.

Last edited:
hey guys,
what the Canadian X-ray recommendations for Adults? Does Canada use the Caries Risk Assessment protocol?