Canadian Friendly DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Wondering how it would be for a Canadian applying to DO/MD schools? Did all my schooling here in the US, have the GC pending (have not received it yet).

i know there are some DO schools; and Im looking at applying DO anyway...

Stats arent great but wondering which schools I may have a shot at.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I remember MSU having some kind of scholarship for Canadian students. It’s been a while so I don’t remember specifics.

Members don't see this ad :)
Although both schools do not appear to have a bias, the majority of MSUCOM people seem to be from the Great Lakes region, and for UNECOM, from the Northeast.

Hmm OK. Still worth an app tho, right? Was gonna apply to HBCU's too.

I think from my online perusing, that a number of Canadians successfully matriculate to KCUCOM

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, current Canadian applicant - for Canadian friendly DO programs: KCU, MSUCOM, NSU, AZCOM, CCOM, MUCOM, TouroNY, UNECOM, ROWAN, WesternU Pomona - have personally interviewed at several and spoken with other Canadian grads/current students at the rest, but there are some schools who will accept more than others. Feel free to PM if you have any more questions. Cheers!

Hey, current Canadian applicant - for Canadian friendly DO programs: KCU, MSUCOM, NSU, AZCOM, CCOM, MUCOM, TouroNY, UNECOM, ROWAN, WesternU Pomona - have personally interviewed at several and spoken with other Canadian grads/current students at the rest, but there are some schools who will accept more than others. Feel free to PM if you have any more questions. Cheers!

Awesome!!!! Yes i will be PMing you

I recommend looking up COMSA and the associated facebook group, it might be helpful if you have questions.