Canadian medical schools

Started by Camillekc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Camillekc

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any thoughts on canadian medical schools? I'm a canadian currently doing undergrad in the states. Does anyone know about the application process or admissions to any of the canadian schools, or possible resources? I'm applying to american schools as well because I think I have a better chance there, but boy are those canadian tuition figures nice.
 
As a Canadian I can tell you the process is just the same (maybe small things aren't the same), anyways ways you should check the websites and I will PM you something else.
 
Indeed, Canadian med school is WAY cheaper than the US. The competition is fairly stiff however, since there are so few schools. Most schools do have a very strong bias towards local residents though, (but I suppose that's no different from the US). Unfortunately, if you're from toronto this may not work in your favour, as I have heard that Ontario schools don't necessarily reserve more seats for local applicants. Not 100% sure about that though.

In terms of spcecific information about the application process, I found the following website to be really useful

http://p084.ezboard.com/bpremed101

Hope it helps