Jul 1, 2009
Status
Hey everyone,

I'm a canadian citizen going to wayne state (detroit) next year, and I was wondering what are my options for finding loans to pay for this? Is it fairly easy for a canadian student to get a line of credit frmo a canadian bank, to pay for a US school?

if anyone has any insight or has been through a simliar situation, could you describe your finanical plan for your years in med school?

JPR22

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2005
<1mm from margins
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It's hard. I worked ALOT and saved before med school, lived on a small budget during med school, and borrowed $ where I could.Its tough to get a line of credit from a canadian bank without a co-signer. There used to be TERI/Canhelp loan, but I think those are gone (for a good reason).

Jul 1, 2009
Status
im trying to convince my parents to be co-signers; if they agree, is it still easy to get a LOC from a cdn bank if you're going to the US? I've looked up some of the websites for soem cdn banks,and they all mention LOC info if you go to a cdn school.

are there any other tips/place you know wehre money could be borrowed? or just things i should look out for when i try to pay for this ?

Jun 27, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
im trying to convince my parents to be co-signers; if they agree, is it still easy to get a LOC from a cdn bank if you're going to the US? I've looked up some of the websites for soem cdn banks,and they all mention LOC info if you go to a cdn school.

are there any other tips/place you know wehre money could be borrowed? or just things i should look out for when i try to pay for this ?
I've talked to RBC and mentioned that Im plannig to go US med school they said that most probably they will need a co signer who will stay in country, but if the school is Canadian you can borrow up to 150K without a co-singer as they count ur "projected income" as a doctor.