Canadian student looking for help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blitzkreig

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
I am in Grade 12 in Ontario and want to get into medecine. I am unsure of what undergrad degree to pursue that will help me furthur in medicine too. My cousin in the U.S is taking up biomedical engineering but from what i have found out, that degree is only offered at the graduate level in universities in Canada. if anyone can suggest what majors are predominant and what are helpful would be of great help. any other suggestions are more than welcome. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Fellow Countryman!

You should check out Engineering Science(Biomedical) at University of Toronto and Electrical & Biomedical Engineering at McMaster University.

blitzkreig said:
hey guys,
I am in Grade 12 in Ontario and want to get into medecine. I am unsure of what undergrad degree to pursue that will help me furthur in medicine too. My cousin in the U.S is taking up biomedical engineering but from what i have found out, that degree is only offered at the graduate level in universities in Canada. if anyone can suggest what majors are predominant and what are helpful would be of great help. any other suggestions are more than welcome. thanks

doesn't really matter. take whatever you enjoy and do well in it :). Let me know if you have more questions?

It doesn't matter. As long as you have the pre-req's you can apply to medical school with any degree. BUT there are certain degrees that will allow you be enter medical school better prepared that others.

Go to a medical school webpage and check out the curriculum. See what courses you will be required to take, and then compare that to degrees at your undergraduate university. Then find a major that will allow you to be ready entering medical school.

BUT remember, it is more important to do well and enjoy yourself, than to take a major you think will server you well, but hate it. Find something you love! You have a life of learning ahead of you, don't pick something this early and burn yoursefl out.