canadian students mom

Started by iwh77
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iwh77

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,Is there anyone here in US optometry school from Canada?I really need some help ,I am a mom of 2,applying to SUNY this year,my husband will hopefully be able to work in NY in his field,but about cnd loan,should I rely on them,avail I mean,or any other financial help,I have to pay for my 3 year old daughter day care too,
 
Hi,Is there anyone here in US optometry school from Canada?I really need some help ,I am a mom of 2,applying to SUNY this year,my husband will hopefully be able to work in NY in his field,but about cnd loan,should I rely on them,avail I mean,or any other financial help,I have to pay for my 3 year old daughter day care too,

You can apply for canadian student loans but they only give you about 14K a year. Many students here were able to get a professional student line of credit for what they needed. Just make appointments with the banks to see what they have to offer; ask about their limits (if they can be extended- most can for US schools) and rates. Its not hard being in canadian student in the US, except people like to point out every time you say Eh.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks for your reply jaguilar,
eh comes automatically sometimes!so I better work on it,eh?:laugh: