Canadian thinking about DO, how will AACOMAS convert my grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cellbio45

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just a quick question, my home school in Canada uses a 4.5 gPa scale instead of a 4.0 gPa scale. Meaning an A+ = 4.5, A = 4.0, B+ = 3.5, etc. How would I be able to convert my grades to see what my gPa would be for the AACOMAS application? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

Just a quick question, my home school in Canada uses a 4.5 gPa scale instead of a 4.0 gPa scale. Meaning an A+ = 4.5, A = 4.0, B+ = 3.5, etc. How would I be able to convert my grades to see what my gPa would be for the AACOMAS application? Thanks.
Hi there! I'm also from Canada and I'm a pre-med. Do you want to be friends? Lol!
I was just wondering if there are any DO schools in Canada. From my research, I couldn't find any DO schools in Canada. They are only MD schools...
What type of extracurricular activities did you do as a pre-med?
Thank you!

Hi there! I'm also from Canada and I'm a pre-med. Do you want to be friends? Lol!
I was just wondering if there are any DO schools in Canada. From my research, I couldn't find any DO schools in Canada. They are only MD schools...
What type of extracurricular activities did you do as a pre-med?
Thank you!

Hey! Yeah the above poster is right, there are only US DO schools. As for ECs I only have about 20 hours of MD shadowing and 100 hours of volunteering at a local soup kitchen. I am spending the next 6 months before my MCAT trying to polish these up. However, for my local provincial MD school, ECs are not in any way relevant to the admissions process. They only look at your MCAT, gPa and MMI interview scores. However, if you want to apply to US DO schools I'd highly suggest at least 20 hours of shadowing, 100 + of volunteering, and 100+ of research experience to be somewhat competitive in the EC category.