Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I've posted before, but I've updated my school list and also figured out an accurate number of EC hours. I really just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time applying to poor school choices 🙁
so I'll get right into it:
Biochem major going into my senior year
cGPA: 3.95
sGPA: 3.94
MCAT: 517 (130/129/129/129)
ECs:
- ~100 hours volunteer working one on one in physiotherapy sessions with children with mental and physical disabilities
- ~150 hours tutoring at-risk, low income high school students, also acted as a mentor
- ~35 hours urgent care volunteer; getting patients to their rooms, cleaning rooms between patients, providing blankets
- 2 years choir member
- 1 year soccer player on school's intramural team
- 1 year life drawing art classes
Research: ~400 hours, expecting 2 publications. Won't be ready for primaries, probably not til Decemberish unforunately 🙁
As a Canadian, there is a lot of red tape which makes it difficult to complete shadowing, so I'd like to openly state that I don't have any, and don't see it being possible to get any (though I HAVE inquired several times).
School list:
Albert Einstein
Boston U
Case Western
Central Michigan
Duke
Emory
Geisel (Dartmouth)
GWU
Howard
Icahn at Mount Sinai
Loma Linda
Northwestern
Oakland university beaumont
Perelman (Upenn)
Rosalind Franklin
Saint Louis
Sidney Kimmel
U Hawaii
U Kentucky
U NC
Uvirginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Wayne State
I want to make sure my school list is appropriate! Any thoughts of schools I'm missing, or ones that should come off is so appreciated!!!
so I'll get right into it:
Biochem major going into my senior year
cGPA: 3.95
sGPA: 3.94
MCAT: 517 (130/129/129/129)
ECs:
- ~100 hours volunteer working one on one in physiotherapy sessions with children with mental and physical disabilities
- ~150 hours tutoring at-risk, low income high school students, also acted as a mentor
- ~35 hours urgent care volunteer; getting patients to their rooms, cleaning rooms between patients, providing blankets
- 2 years choir member
- 1 year soccer player on school's intramural team
- 1 year life drawing art classes
Research: ~400 hours, expecting 2 publications. Won't be ready for primaries, probably not til Decemberish unforunately 🙁
As a Canadian, there is a lot of red tape which makes it difficult to complete shadowing, so I'd like to openly state that I don't have any, and don't see it being possible to get any (though I HAVE inquired several times).
School list:
Albert Einstein
Boston U
Case Western
Central Michigan
Duke
Emory
Geisel (Dartmouth)
GWU
Howard
Icahn at Mount Sinai
Loma Linda
Northwestern
Oakland university beaumont
Perelman (Upenn)
Rosalind Franklin
Saint Louis
Sidney Kimmel
U Hawaii
U Kentucky
U NC
Uvirginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Wayne State
I want to make sure my school list is appropriate! Any thoughts of schools I'm missing, or ones that should come off is so appreciated!!!
Last edited:
