Canadian vs. US CASPer Evaluation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CarboKitty

Reaction score
Hi all, I took the Canadian (English) CASPer two days after I took the US one. I was surprised that I scored two quartiles more in the US exam than in the Canadian one. Does anyone else share this experience? What do you think were the differences in evaluation between the two versions?
For context, I went to middle school in Québec and graduated from HS and college in the States.

Members don't see this ad.

It's just that the test does not have an ounce of reliability in my opinion, which casper ppl claim the test does. Contact the administrators and ask them to explain how the test is valid and reliable if you scored differently in two occasions.

Reactions: 1 user
There seem to be a few specific differences (conjecture follows):

1) The Canadian test is culturally better aligned with Canadian "standards" when writing situations.

2) The reviewer pool for the Canadian test is mostly Canadian.

3) The cohort you are compared against are Canadians writing the exam at that specific date and time.

Any of those factors could change your relative performance to the American vs. Canadian test.