Quantcast

Canadian's Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NormanBoreman

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I'm a Canadian student seeking admission into an American dental school (likely the international friendly privates schools - NYU, Boston, Detroit Mercy, etc.).

I was wondering if anyone knows if our applications are discriminated/scrutinized to a higher level. For example, I see that the average GPA for admission into NYU was 3.53 in 2014 was 3.34 overall, 3.62 science. Since my overall GPA is a 3.7, does this make me competitive for this school, or since because I am an international student, do they expect me to have a higher GPA?

Does anyone know were we can find more information on international applicants and admission statistics?

Sigg

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
These private schools don't discriminate if you're canadian; you're evaluated the same way you would be if you were american.

So 3.7 is definitely competitive. If you search around the forum, you'll find tons of stats on the "School Specific" threads on Canadians getting in at these schools

Reactions: 1 user

Samin23

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dude why do you keep making the same threads..