Canadians going to Boston U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

S.J.

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just reaching out to any Canadians that will be going to BU this fall. I am curious to know where you are at in terms of loans, place to live, and your feelings about the EXCEL program.
Here is where I am at?
I am having trouble getting my loan in line. I am starting to get a little on edge about it since BU wants to know that I can pay by July 1. I am interested to know what others are doing about getting funding. So far I have applied to CanHELP and MEFA. CanHELP turned me down? I think that I asked for too much. Apparently there is a 45000 limit per year? oops! Just applied to MEFA last week, I hope that they are willing to give more.
Have not looked to hard for a place to live yet. Looked on the Internet a bit, but that is all.
I am up in the air about EXCEL. It sounds good, but is it? Kinda would like to spend the summer here (well, July anyway) since I will be in Boston for a long time.
Anyway, let me know what you have done. Any tips on money and housing would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

try private banks such as scotia bank. they have professional student loan programs for UBC students and may also offer the same to students going to USA.