Canadians in Australia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strawberrybubblegum

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a third year university student from Canada and I've been seriously thinking about applying to Australian dental schools. I've heard that Canada and Australia have a reciprocal agreement, so practising dentistry in Canada would be no problem. I just wanted to know if it's actually as easy as it sounds. Is there anyone that completed a dentistry program in Australia and then came back to practice in Canada? Was it a difficult process? I really need a complete change of scenery and I absolutely love Australia and would love to live there for some time. I just want to be sure that I wouldn't face any problems.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am not Canadian but seeing that there are no other recent threads I decided to post here.

I am from Singapore. I completed my Singapore-Cambridge A Levels last November 2016 and results will be out this year late February 2017. I am interested in applying to Australian dental school (bachelor of dental surgery) but I am not sure about the application process. Could anyone help to answer my questions below, if it is not too much trouble?

1) when to apply( is it in April 2017 or does it differ for different schools)?
2) Can i apply with my A Levels results or do I need to take any tests?
3) If I apply this year, when will I start my studies?