Canadians Studying PharmD in the States

Started by beelee8
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

beelee8

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone here who's a Canadian citizen and studying pharmacy in the states?
Just wondering if anyone had any problems getting the SSN to apply for the instate internship licence for their first year.
 
I'd hope to think most schools would not admit an international student in a state that didn't allow foreign residents to register as interns. Have you tried contacting the board to see if your student visa may be sufficient?
 
Out of curiosity, why don't you stay in Canada for PharmD? UToronto, UBC and UWaterloo have already shifted to entry-to-practice PharmD programs, and more schools are on the way. Btw, it is also wayyyyyy cheaper to stay North than going South. I am actually going back to Toronto in less than a month.

I asked because I am also a Canadian, with US permanent residence.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Two of my classmates are from Canada, and they didn't seem to have any issues. Both now are pharmacy residents here in the states. I am a dual citizen so it didn't apply to me. We also have international students from other countries that have their intern license and work.