Canadians that applied this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunny123

BOSCO!!!!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that applied to the ABP for RCSI this year (or any other colleges in Ireland), could you please tell me if you heard from the ABP people. I don't want to pester them, but I was just wondering if any other Canadians got an interview (I'm from Ontario, so east coast people) yet. I read that fif, from Vancouver, got an acceptance, so I am assuming she went to the San Francisco interview? It has been soo long since I heard from them. I handed in my stuff last Nov.15 of 2004, and the email I got stated that they would be getting in contact with people in mid-march, which should be any day now. I guess I am just getting nervous thats all.

Members don't see this ad.

the people at the AB are awesome and i really don't think they mind answering any questions you have. good luck!

^ Are you sure Wandaa? I don't want to be blacklisted or something as "another annoying applicant" (hey an alliteration!). I probably will, if I don't hear anything in a week and a half (busy with assignments and stuff). But thanks :D.

Members don't see this ad :)
the ABP people are not like the administrative staff in the canadian medical schools. you can send them an email to request an update on your file. I have done that before.

fifi said:
the ABP people are not like the administrative staff in the canadian medical schools. you can send them an email to request an update on your file. I have done that before.
They are super nice and know you by first name already. Don't worry, they are nothing like acceptance councils in North American schools. They seem to be honestly wishing for every student who applies to get accepted.

Call them, email them, send them baskets of muffins - they won't get annoyed!

Sage880 said:
They are super nice and know you by first name already. Don't worry, they are nothing like acceptance councils in North American schools. They seem to be honestly wishing for every student who applies to get accepted.

Call them, email them, send them baskets of muffins - they won't get annoyed!

baskets of muffins.... good idea ;)

But thanks everyone for the feedback.

Im from Canada. I applied to UCD and TCD. Got into both but most probably will not be going there. I heard from UCD last month and TCD two weeks ago. Hope that helps..

nukes said:
Im from Canada. I applied to UCD and TCD. Got into both but most probably will not be going there. I heard from UCD last month and TCD two weeks ago. Hope that helps..

I'm always interested in why ppl decide not to go to Ireland.... Was it the expense? Or did you get in somewhere else? If so, why did you choose that school over trin or ucd?

thanks.

I am a Canadian. I interviewed with RCSI last year but was unfortunately rejected. I am still awaiting the results of my other applications

Ok guys, after chickening out for a while, I emailed them, and found out that I haven't been denied entry (as of yet :laugh: ). I am still eligible for the June interview, so at least I now have some reassurance.

Here's to staying positive :hardy: !