sunny123

BOSCO!!!!
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
3,275
7
Pulling a rickshaw down Bay St.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
For those that applied to the ABP for RCSI this year (or any other colleges in Ireland), could you please tell me if you heard from the ABP people. I don't want to pester them, but I was just wondering if any other Canadians got an interview (I'm from Ontario, so east coast people) yet. I read that fif, from Vancouver, got an acceptance, so I am assuming she went to the San Francisco interview? It has been soo long since I heard from them. I handed in my stuff last Nov.15 of 2004, and the email I got stated that they would be getting in contact with people in mid-march, which should be any day now. I guess I am just getting nervous thats all.
 

Wandaa

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2005
22
0
Status
the people at the AB are awesome and i really don't think they mind answering any questions you have. good luck!
 
OP
sunny123

sunny123

BOSCO!!!!
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
3,275
7
Pulling a rickshaw down Bay St.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
^ Are you sure Wandaa? I don't want to be blacklisted or something as "another annoying applicant" (hey an alliteration!). I probably will, if I don't hear anything in a week and a half (busy with assignments and stuff). But thanks :D.
 

fifi

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
8
0
Status
the ABP people are not like the administrative staff in the canadian medical schools. you can send them an email to request an update on your file. I have done that before.
 

Sage880

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
838
1
Canada
Status
Resident [Any Field]
fifi said:
the ABP people are not like the administrative staff in the canadian medical schools. you can send them an email to request an update on your file. I have done that before.
They are super nice and know you by first name already. Don't worry, they are nothing like acceptance councils in North American schools. They seem to be honestly wishing for every student who applies to get accepted.

Call them, email them, send them baskets of muffins - they won't get annoyed!
 
OP
sunny123

sunny123

BOSCO!!!!
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
3,275
7
Pulling a rickshaw down Bay St.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Sage880 said:
They are super nice and know you by first name already. Don't worry, they are nothing like acceptance councils in North American schools. They seem to be honestly wishing for every student who applies to get accepted.

Call them, email them, send them baskets of muffins - they won't get annoyed!
baskets of muffins.... good idea ;)

But thanks everyone for the feedback.
 

nukes

New Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2005
2
0
Status
Im from Canada. I applied to UCD and TCD. Got into both but most probably will not be going there. I heard from UCD last month and TCD two weeks ago. Hope that helps..
 

dirtymac42

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
46
0
Status
Resident [Any Field]
nukes said:
Im from Canada. I applied to UCD and TCD. Got into both but most probably will not be going there. I heard from UCD last month and TCD two weeks ago. Hope that helps..
I'm always interested in why ppl decide not to go to Ireland.... Was it the expense? Or did you get in somewhere else? If so, why did you choose that school over trin or ucd?

thanks.
 

Ratan1982

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2004
50
0
Status
I am a Canadian. I interviewed with RCSI last year but was unfortunately rejected. I am still awaiting the results of my other applications
 
OP
sunny123

sunny123

BOSCO!!!!
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
3,275
7
Pulling a rickshaw down Bay St.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Ok guys, after chickening out for a while, I emailed them, and found out that I haven't been denied entry (as of yet :laugh: ). I am still eligible for the June interview, so at least I now have some reassurance.

Here's to staying positive :hardy: !