Canceling an interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiolASulfone

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! How far in advance do you think is appropriate to cancel an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

As early as you can. That way, they can reschedule someone else in your spot. I'm sure adcoms would appreciate at the least a week or so notice.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! How far in advance do you think is appropriate to cancel an interview?

Yea what dancingmate said. Earlier the better. Anything less than a week is too short-notice.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I made sure to give plenty of notice when cancelling interviews--at least 2 weeks. I'm sure the admissions staff and those who took my interview slots appreciated it! :nod:

Reactions: 1 user
I made sure to give plenty of notice when cancelling interviews--at least 2 weeks. I'm sure the admissions staff and those who took my interview slots appreciated it! :nod:
I agree with 2 weeks, as it makes it easier for the Admissions Office to fill your interview slot with another candidate.

Reactions: 1 users
Also it makes it easier for the person who will be invited to have enough time to schedule a flight + make accomodations if they accept the II spot!

My OOS interview only gave me about 5 day's notice, and I think it was because someone cancelled :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users