Canceling DAT the day of the test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cadent14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if any of you guys knew if there was a fee to cancel the test on the same day? Also can schools see that you had a no show for the test?

On the prometric policy says "If you reschedule/cancel your testing appointment between 1 and 5 business days before your test date you will incur a $100 rescheduling/cancel fee. Testing appointments rescheduled/canceled the same day as test date, failure to appear for a scheduled test or presenting himself/herself more than thirty minutes after the scheduled start time for taking the test will result in a forfeiture of all testing fees and you must submit a new application to test"

The policy only says that you have to pay $100 if you cancel or reschedule between 1-5 business days before but it doesn't mention any fee for cancelling on the test date.

Thank you so much for your time. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it the answer to your question is that you will forfeit all testing fees as indicated in the quote you provided. I'm not sure if schools see that you are a no show though!

thanks lolo88! I was just wondering if I will get fined $100 if I don't show up to my test date? I am not planning to take the test this year so I don't mind that my fees will be forfeited. I just didn't know if I had to pay and extra $100 after a no show.

Oh I see! From what you quoted, I don't think you would be fined an extra $100 just forfeit the fees but it's probably best to ask them directly. :)

if you dont show up, you wont be fined anything. you'll just have to pay the full 385$ to register for the DAT again. Also dental schools will not see that you didnt take the exam

Reactions: 1 user