Canceling interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GCS-15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been fortunate to receive some acceptances today (one of which is University of Colorado). With that being said, I have some future interviews scheduled for next week at lower ranked schools (VCU, Albany)- would it be ok to cancel those? Do I have anything to gain by attending?

I also have U Maryland scheduled. I see that both Maryland and Colorado are pretty comparable, so is it worth it to attend the Maryland one? Just trying to make the most efficient use of my money/time (still in school!).

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I've been fortunate to receive some acceptances today (one of which is University of Colorado). With that being said, I have some future interviews scheduled for next week at lower ranked schools (VCU, Albany)- would it be ok to cancel those? Do I have anything to gain by attending?

I also have U Maryland scheduled. I see that both Maryland and Colorado are pretty comparable, so is it worth it to attend the Maryland one? Just trying to make the most efficient use of my money/time (still in school!).

Thanks
If you might go to the school, go to the interview. If yoy won’t, don’t

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone,

Thanks

Golden interview rule: Don't cancel any interviews until you've landed an acceptance.

Seeing as you've already gotten one, and if time and money are very limited resources for you, I'd only attend interviews that I could potentially want to attend over the University of Colorado.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

Thanks

If its a fairly obvious choice, ie you know you'd prefer to live in CO than upstate NY, then by all means cancel. If you can't genuinely answer "why would you want to go to XCOM over YCOM" then you'd largely be wasting your time interviewing. Also, canceling gives people who might really want to attend a shot, who knows it could be their only II and only acceptance...

But then again some would argue that you may fall in love if you visit...
..I think its a long shot

Reactions: 1 user