Canceling interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to those who have received acceptance offers from schools, at the same time I am extending millions of congrats to those who have received acceptance offers from their top choice schools ?
Please remember to cancel your scheduled interviews when you receive your acceptance from your top choice school. Needless to say, at this time of celebration for some, still there are some of us who have interviews scheduled for late February or have not even received any invites yet. This will expedite the process and help more people to interview earlier and reduce lots of stress of interviewing late. The same holds for those who received offers from multiple schools. Please contact those schools that you choose not to attend before the 45 days is over.

Thanks and congratulations again?

Good luck to all

Comet

Members don't see this ad.

I'll cancel my NYU!!! ;)

I will also be cancelling my acceptances for BU and Temple, but I'm going to do it with little bit more respect for others who have yet to interview or were not fortunate enough to get acceptences at more popular schools. Each school is different in their own rights and no school should belabeled as "a school that no one wants to go to". For some, just having the opportunity to attend NYU or BU is a dream come true. As fellow SDNers, we should not make these people feel inferior because they're attending a school that everyone else is cancelling. I know that everyone is excited about their acceptances, but let's be more courteous to others who may not have gotten into Harvard or UCSF or maybe even NYU. We are all going to be dentists someday, and maybe even end up being colleagues regardless of where we attended dental school.

Good luck to those of you waiting for the second round of interviews. Your opportunity will come.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't dog NYU dude...Just because it's 43k a year doesn't mean it's everyones last resort and their second choice.

Just to clarify my response is to DesiDentist, not SMD.

Is anyone gonna cancel an NYU interview on the week of Jan 6th?

This would really help me since I'm already gonna be in the area for another interview. I don't wanna have to make another trip to the Northeast. Money's getting tight...

:eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

is anyone canceling their NYU interview for late Dec-Jan??? please email me at [email protected] or PM me.... so i can take your spot, if you don't mind!!!! :)

thanks

Desi, I also feel that your post about NYU and BU was a little on the sour side. You should be grateful and humble that you have not endured any hardships in life and were able to keep up with your 3.5 average throughout college. Where your previous advice to folks in general were considered in good faith, I think this last post has put a damper on everything. Don't let your UW, UX, UY, UZ, etc acceptances bring out the worst in you. I, for one, am very thankful to schools like NYU and BU who have not shunned me and are going to help me realise my career. They are fine schools who will produce some of your future colleagues!

SMD, thanks for showing me that there *are* some mature people on here :rolleyes:

Congrats to all those who got acceptances, and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

desi-

just to let you know, a deposit isn't "throwing more money down the toilet" as you put it. but rather, it is a deposit. meaning that it goes towards your tuition. some schools have high deposits to deter cocky applicants like you from "holding" more than one school until the deadline. only then, if you place a deposit and "hold" multiple spots, will you be "throwing more money down the toilet." besides, everything you have spent money on so far has been an investment for your future. i hope you go to uw, because i would hate to have you as a classmate.

If anyone already got in their first choice and have Case interview scheduled for next year in Jan or Feb, please cancel it and let me know. I just scheduled my CASE interview this am and it was for April 28:rolleyes: ....Yeah, I couldn't get any thing earlier because my application was sent in late and that's how it goes. The interview schedule is booked all the way until the end of April.
Thanks
T

First and foremost, Please accept my humble apologies about my earlier remarks. I got overly excited and wasn't thinking in the heat of the moment.

I have two interviews I am gonna cancel:

NYU: I have a spot for January 6th. Please PM me or email me if you want this spot so we can synchronize your interview on this date

Case Western Reserve: I have a spot for January 13th. Please PM me or email me as well.

Regards,

DesiDentist

desi-
im glad those last posts didnt reveal your true self. there are many applicants who would kill for just an interview at nyu or bu, let alone an acceptance. you seem like a nice enough kid, good luck to you in dental school.

anyway, i have just cancelled the following interview dates:

columbia: dec 6
nyu: dec 9

it is short notice, but hopefully these dates are useful to someone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Desi, Don't feel so bad! Negative (but Proper) comments should be welcome here too. I have also heard horrific stories about NYU and BU. There are a few reasons how this has helped me.

1) Investigation of these rumours and sayings reveal the real truth about the school and will prepare you what to expect.

2) The applicant's true commitment to the school will be tested

3) It urges the applicant to personally research their school for the four years of formal education.

Those rumours about BU about not being "student-oriented" have been brought up to me a few times. I have also heard that it is in a really bad neighborhood. However, their committment to the community is obvious. They have so many programs that are targeted for the needy population, despite their governor's decision to cut-off medical/dental care for Medicaid adults.

I don't remember what you stated about NYU, but negative comments about that school has really helped me have a more genuine interest in the school.

I would love to be accepted to BU and NYU! BUt no word yet.

I only have one interview left. AZ!
Despite my acceptance to NOVA and UNLV, I am keeping my AZ interview because I am interested in their conjunction MPH DDS degree.
Its hard deciding between all these schools.

Thanks guys. negative comments are HELPFUL. People have stated countless negative comments about PENN and NOVA on this forum, however when I went to NOVA. I went there with an open mind, but I didn't know it would become one of my top choices. It was a spectacular school.

Everyone has "top" choices, but a strategic applicant also has some "back-up" choices. Those particular schools were just my back up. I didn't say anything negative about going to NYU, but just that I'm happy I didn't have to go there now, for BU I was just upset at their deposit of several thousand dollars, which was shallow.

However, remember loans don't cover deposits...so it really hurts the pocket book when you are paying thousands of dollars.

Good luck to everyone...it doesn't matter where you go to school as long as you are happy and work hard.

Regards,

DesiDentist

Hi all!

I am cancelling my interview with BU (Dec 18) and NYU (Jan 9). Hope it helps you out! Keep up the good work and hope! Best wishes to everyone!

- sallyc!

CAnceling my Indiana, CWR and SUNY Buffalo interview.

I'm cancelling my Harvard Interview (12/17). Harvard is a great school w/ a great program and I felt priveleged to be offered an interview from them. But I decided that it was best for me to stay closer to home.

I am going to cancel my interview with Tufts (12/12), and Columbia (12/20). Both are excellent schools, and I would really really want to go there. Tuition is just the huge problem for me......

i CANCELLED an interview with Louisville for Jan. 6, so i hope this might help someone.

i am canceling interviews with Indiana, tufts, and CWRU.

Cancelling my Indiana interview (Jan 13).

This is a good post.

I'll be cancelling U of Maryland (January interview)

I cancelled Tufts and Nova interviews. Hope that helps someone!

Cancelled NYU, Tufts, and U. of Michigan interviews.

Turning down U.Michigan interview, hope this helps some people!

NSXDent

I also cancelled Tufts 12/12 interview

I canceled my interview at SUNY BUFFALO 12/19

I am cancelling NYU (01/13) and BU (01/17)

Cancelled Temple (Nov), cancelling BU and UMDNJ (Jan)

Cancelled Indiana (12/12) and BU (1/14) interviews. Good luck to all still awaiting interviews!

I am cancelling an interview at UT San Antonio.

i'm cancelling my nova interview on jan 30th. ;)

chipper

Cancelled BU (12/17) and Tufts (12/11). Also withdrawing from all other schools (around 8).

I cancelled Arizona interview on December 20th! I hope this helps somebody. I ran out of interview fund resources! :(

I was looking forward to checking out the school. A DDS/MPH would be nice to have. I wanted to compare UNLV with AZ(being they are new schools). But, I have family in Las Vegas that would be able to babysit! Let me know how Arizona is.

Cancelled NYU, U. of Maryland , and Columbia... Hope that opens up some positions for those interested in those schools !!

:cool:

EyeCandy,

When is your interview in Nova??

I want to cancel my BU interview on January 21st...however I still could not find their number on the website...anyone out there know it?

Also...I will cancel my UMD interview for Feb 22nd.

BU phone#:

617-638-4787

hey...comet...thanks for the phone number...take care and good luck with your research...see ya when school starts.

Hello!

Cancelled my Indiana U interview a few weeks ago and will be cancelling NYU asap (I scheduled it for March). Hope this helps someone.

Good Luck.

cancel NYU 2/10