Cancelled Interviews Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorMalki

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to start this thread for anyone who would like to post if they cancelled an interview so that some of us who have interviews in late march or april can maybe get an earlier spot. Thanks !! :)

I really need an earlier drexel date if anyone is cancelling :D

Members don't see this ad.

I will be cancelling my interview at Rosalind Franklin for 1/27. Calling them tomorrow morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
DoctorMalki said:
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to start this thread for anyone who would like to post if they cancelled an interview so that some of us who have interviews in late march or april can maybe get an earlier spot. Thanks !! :)

I really need an earlier drexel date if anyone is cancelling :D
Declined interviews at the following schools:

Albany
MCW
NYMC
GW

Good Luck :)

Declined interviews at:
GW
SUNY-Buffalo
SUNY-Upstate
U of Rochester
Albany Medical

I don't think listing interviews declined will help anyone out. I know you guys are awesome applicants who can choose not to go to an interview, but cancelled interviews gives dates for others to move up. Congrats on your accomplishments though!

UCincy - scheduled interview date 1/24 - withdrew today(1/18)

Uegis said:
I don't think listing interviews declined will help anyone out. I know you guys are awesome applicants who can choose not to go to an interview, but cancelled interviews gives dates for others to move up. Congrats on your accomplishments though!

yeah I completely agree. Please list the date you cancelled :) thanks !!

Cancelled BU. Hope that Helped someone.

Bumping.

I'd take an earlier date at Drexel too if anyone is cancelling.

Scubadoc said:
just cancelled my University of Hawaii interview.
what?? you don't want to enjoy the beautiful sunshine, not to mention scuba diving in Hawaii? How is your process going scuba?

Cancelled interviews at:
AECOM
UPENN
BU

Members don't see this ad :)
you guys, how hard is it to list the date you are cancelling? someone already requested that but people are still persisting with the useless lists of cancellations.....the point of this thread is to help those trying to reschedule for earlier dates not to just boast what you are cancelling.

Cancelled Vandy today 1/19

twicetenturns said:
Cancelled Vandy today 1/19

do you mean you called to cancel today or that you cancelled an interview at vandy scheduled for the 19th? please post the date of the interview you cancel. I guess its also good to note when you called to cancel so folks will know if there is a good chance the spot is still open.

I rescheduled my Rochester interview today.

Original date: 2/25/05
New date: 2/28/05

So they have a spot on the 25th.

cancelled my Albany interview on Thursday, 1/27

CarleneM said:
do you mean you called to cancel today or that you cancelled an interview at vandy scheduled for the 19th? please post the date of the interview you cancel. I guess its also good to note when you called to cancel so folks will know if there is a good chance the spot is still open.

Sorry, I thought that since today was the 19th people would realize that I canceled - rather than had the interview scheduled for - today. (What help would that be if the interview were today?) Anyway, I never had a specific date set for the interview, but there should be a spot opening between now and the 31st. Appologies for the confusion.

Cancelled FSU interview scheduled for 03/04

Good luck everyone

cancelled albany interview scheduled for 3/2

UCinn
NYU
UVA
UMD

Please list the dates your interviews were scheduled. Thank :)

Hey all,

I'm going to do my best to follow directions.

Ahem:

I just today (1.20.05) canceled my SUNY Upstate Interview scheduled for 2.02.05.

I imagine the spot should open up by tomorrow (I emailed the office to get things moving; will send a more formal letter early next week).

G'luck!

Will send an email right now cancelling my BU interview scheduled for this Monday 1/24...good luck!

it was a bit hard to let go, but i had to cancel:

Cornell, on 1/20
Umich, will today
Duke, will today

UCinn:11/22
NYU:11/24
UVA: 2/24
UMD: 12/6

deuist when was you drexel interview scheduled for?

Recently canceled for
Univ Rochester
UPitt
Tufts
(all of them let you pick your own date)

Cancelled Drexel interview scheduled for 1/27.

Good luck :luck:

Thanks Melnyc! :D

I have been calling drexel almost twice a week to find out if anyone has cancelled and if I could get an earlier date but the lady always tells me that they don't have any and they usually don't know if someone has cancelled an interview until a day or two before the actual date of the scheduled interview. has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone been able to move their interview date up at drexel? Thanks much ! :)

DoctorMalki said:

I have been calling drexel almost twice a week to find out if anyone has cancelled and if I could get an earlier date but the lady always tells me that they don't have any and they usually don't know if someone has cancelled an interview until a day or two before the actual date of the scheduled interview. has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone been able to move their interview date up at drexel? Thanks much ! :)

Yeah, I've gotten the same info from Drexel. She's always very nice, but she says they have nothing before my interview date. She always says to feel free to call back again, but it never gets me anywhere. That's if I can get anyone on the phone in the first place! Half the time I get the voicemail. Oh well, good luck everyone!

DoctorMalki said:

My original interview w/ drexel was scheduled for march. Someone from admissions actually called me 2 weeks ago wanting to interview me earlier. So I think they do have spots...or can readily make them available.

DoctorMalki said:

I was originally scheduled for mid-March and was lucky enough to move my interview up to Jan. 8. Just keep calling back and I'm sure you'll be able to snag an earlier date.

I just cancelled WashU (st. louis) interview that i had scheduled for february 4.

calstudent said:
I just cancelled WashU (st. louis) interview that i had scheduled for february 4.

CONGRATS on UCSF, calstudent! That's great news.

i just cancelled an interview at bu for 2/2 and an interview at sinai for 2/22. hope someone is able to make use of it.

Just canceled MCO interview for Feb 7th, also Declined Rosalind Franklin interview in february (didn't schedule/choose one of the february dates)

When you guys cancel interviews, you do request that your applications be withdrawn or is it assumed?

bonez318ti said:
When you guys cancel interviews, you do request that your applications be withdrawn or is it assumed?

I declined Albany on 1/13 and that automatically withdrew my application as well.

I know it's not a school usually discussed on this forum, but for all of you applying both MD and DO, I cancelled my OU-COM interview that was scheduled for 1-28.

FYI: I just cancelled an interview at Penn State that was scheduled for 2/9, I hope someone can find it of use.

I just called drexel again and they said that all their february interviews are special admission interviews so there will be no open date in february but she said to call back later if I wanted to try to get an early march interview.

On a side note the admissions staff at drexel is so nice and friendly. One of the nicest admissions staff to talk to on the phone ! :)

Just cancelled an interview for Jefferson scheduled for March 9th. Good Luck :luck:

cancelled penn state march 18.
cancelled tulane march 14.