Cancelled Interviews Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cancelled @:

PCOM
Drexel
Creighton

all about 1-2 weeks ago

Will Cancel @:

Albany

Members don't see this ad.

also cancelled @:

VCU/MCV

Just cancelled my GW interview for 3/3/05 today.

Members don't see this ad :)
via phone or email or snail mail? thanks!

Cancelled Univ Buffalo interview for March 2nd today.

In response to a question about the best way to cancel..

Dear Medschool,

Thank you for offering me an invitation to interview at your school. While your offer has received serious consideration from me, I regret to inform you that I am unable, at this time, to attend. Please keep in mind that I have been offered to interview at xx highly qualified schools this year, and am unable to get to all of them. My inablity to attend your interview in no way reflects upon the quality of your program. Please do not allow it to impede you on your goal of filling your class with other qualified applicants. I wish you success in raising the standing of your school in the U.S News rankings in the future.

Sincerely,

Yessir

yessir said:

Dear Medschool,

Thank you for offering me an invitation to interview at your school. While your offer has received serious consideration from me, I regret to inform you that I am unable, at this time, to attend. Please keep in mind that I have been offered to interview at xx highly qualified schools this year, and am unable to get to all of them. My inablity to attend your interview in no way reflects upon the quality of your program. Please do not allow it to impede you on your goal of filling your class with other qualified applicants. I wish you success in raising the standing of your school in the U.S News rankings in the future.

Sincerely,

Yessir

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

yessir said:

Dear Medschool,

Sincerely,

Yessir

LOL! :clap:

Just cancelled Penn State for 3/4.

Cancelled Yale for 3/3

Cancelled Wayne State for 1/20.

just cancelled mt sinai scheduled for 3/18

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Blue Scrub, can you tell me when you cancelled albany and what day it was for? Thanks.

Blue Scrub said:
Cancelled @:

PCOM
Drexel
Creighton

all about 1-2 weeks ago

Will Cancel @:

Albany

UC Irvine, March 1, although they only offer interviews twice a month or so, so not sure this is so helpful

lavertus said:
UC Irvine, March 1, although they only offer interviews twice a month or so, so not sure this is so helpful

Cancelled Miami 3-??, Drexel, 3-14, and Penn state 3-22

come on people!! throw me a freakin' bone! :D

Cancelled at Creighton

about to cancel USC for 4/1... plane tickets are way too expensive!!

declined interviews at:
Drexel
Virginia Commonwealth

Thanks guys!

The declined interview at Drexel helps..
So far I have been kept "under review" at three schools post-interview season. My application is to good to reject, but not good enough to warrant an interview at some schools.
So, I am grasping at any shread of hope!

premyo2002 said:
Thanks guys!

The declined interview at Drexel helps..
So far I have been kept "under review" at three schools post-interview season. My application is to good to reject, but not good enough to warrant an interview at some schools.
So, I am grasping at any shread of hope!

im in the same shoes as you are...it sucks big time just to sit here and wait +pissed+

I declined an interview invite from NYMC ... but no date was set (responded to them yesterday). Good luck everyone! :luck:

I cancelled yesterday for my Einstein interview that is on 3/31... Maybe someone can move their date up....