Cancelling Retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lisztomania287

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sounds like CARS is your only hiccup.

What's your current study strategy for CARS? Have you done any serious item analysis on your CARS work? How are you approaching the CARS exam section?

@Zenabi90 I actually even took Jack Westin's CARS course after the Jan 2017 exam. I've been doing reading random articles and practicing CARS passages 1-2 hours a day at least 5-6 days per week. The course helped me get a more consistent CARS score (had highly fluctuated from 123-127, but I guess it doesn't mean much if the consistent score is low).

@Zenabi90 I actually even took Jack Westin's CARS course after the Jan 2017 exam. I've been doing reading random articles and practicing CARS passages 1-2 hours a day at least 5-6 days per week. The course helped me get a more consistent CARS score (had highly fluctuated from 123-127, but I guess it doesn't mean much if the consistent score is low).

On the contrary. Consistent means that there's a concrete pattern that can be identified and used as a basis for improvement. But it's up to you to look at your error logs and find those patterns.

With a few days left, there's not much to do really. Have you seen The Golden Rule post by KoalaT? It may be enough to grab a few points.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@Zenabi90 I had used his/her strategy for my first take, so I've kept that in mind while applying JW strategy. If anything, timing may be the only problem that I notice, where I rush the last one or two passages to finish in time. It took a long way just to be rushing just one or two passages though lol.

If what you are afraid of is going below 506, I think you should push through with your test. 506 is an average of 126.5 per section. From your posted scores, I expect you to exceed that in any section not titled "CARS." I think you have the potential to go 128/126/128/128:510 or even 130/125/130/130:515.

You are in a unique situation in that your app is strong enough with your current MCAT. But I think you can safely gain a few points in both C&P and CARS.