Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone... Looking for some advice here.
Just took the AAMC scored and quit midway through CARS due to frustration. Felt like I wasn't concentrating and kept losing focus. I hit severe burnout 2 weeks ago. Before this, never had any issues like this. All in all, I have been studying nonstop x 4 months while working 40 hours per week. I have taken 11 practice tests in all.
(Chronologically)
Kaplan FL1 488 (121, 123, 122, 122)
Kaplan FL2 499 (126, 121, 127, 125)
Princeton 1 499 (123, 124, 126, 126)
Princeton 2 494 (122, 122, 126, 124)
Princeton 3 496 (123, 122, 125, 126)
EK FL4 61% total
Princeton 4 496 (123, 124, 124, 125)
Kaplan FL3 500 (124, 123, 127, 126)
NS 1 504 (127, 123, 127, 127)
NS 2 503 (127, 124, 126, 126)
AAMC unscored 71% total, 73%, 66%, 68%, 75%
Overall this was a very difficult decision for me. I originally wanted a 510+, and I don't think I was going to hit it. On top of it... I have a very low undergrad GPA (3.0) so I can't afford to mess this up. Because I am not applying this cycle, I felt that it would make sense to hold off... even though I am mentally dead.
It is pretty evident that CARS is a severe weak spot for me. I really want to improve this. Has anyone done the Jack Westin CARS program...? If not, does anyone else recommend methods that will allow CARS improvement over these next 4 months.
Thanks.
Just took the AAMC scored and quit midway through CARS due to frustration. Felt like I wasn't concentrating and kept losing focus. I hit severe burnout 2 weeks ago. Before this, never had any issues like this. All in all, I have been studying nonstop x 4 months while working 40 hours per week. I have taken 11 practice tests in all.
(Chronologically)
Kaplan FL1 488 (121, 123, 122, 122)
Kaplan FL2 499 (126, 121, 127, 125)
Princeton 1 499 (123, 124, 126, 126)
Princeton 2 494 (122, 122, 126, 124)
Princeton 3 496 (123, 122, 125, 126)
EK FL4 61% total
Princeton 4 496 (123, 124, 124, 125)
Kaplan FL3 500 (124, 123, 127, 126)
NS 1 504 (127, 123, 127, 127)
NS 2 503 (127, 124, 126, 126)
AAMC unscored 71% total, 73%, 66%, 68%, 75%
Overall this was a very difficult decision for me. I originally wanted a 510+, and I don't think I was going to hit it. On top of it... I have a very low undergrad GPA (3.0) so I can't afford to mess this up. Because I am not applying this cycle, I felt that it would make sense to hold off... even though I am mentally dead.
It is pretty evident that CARS is a severe weak spot for me. I really want to improve this. Has anyone done the Jack Westin CARS program...? If not, does anyone else recommend methods that will allow CARS improvement over these next 4 months.
Thanks.