Can't Certify

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flowerss

MS IV
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Only 5 min. left and I can't certify does anybody else have this problem???

Members don't see this ad.

I hope that was some sort of sick joke...:thumbup:

I hope you made it in, because time is up now. My fate has been sealed and left up to a computer...:oops:

I hope you made it in, because time is up now. My fate has been sealed and left up to a computer...:oops:

Isn't this terrifying? I just checked and my list is still there and still certified, but no more changes are possible! :)

Think the home computer was down or something, but busted out the laptop and got it in. WHEW.

Think the home computer was down or something, but busted out the laptop and got it in. WHEW.

I'm by no means a computer expert, but you posting about your computer being down on the internet makes me think that 1. you are full of s@#t, and 2. you're not smart.

However, even if there's a great explanation, etc. I don't care....you're still full of it.

I just don't understand how anyone could feel empathy for this situation, if indeed real. Ummm, you've only had like one month to get this done, and have probably heard from 10 people that you shouldn't wait until the final day to do it.

:sleep:

I'm by no means a computer expert, but you posting about your computer being down on the internet makes me think that 1. you are full of s@#t, and 2. you're not smart.

However, even if there's a great explanation, etc. I don't care....you're still full of it.

LOL, isnt it awesome how great technology is that it doesnt let you certified a list because the internet is down but at the sametime it lets you post on studentdoctor network!!! LOL.

There are a variety of posts like this on SDN. "I forgot to certify" or "my thing still says ranking, is that ok?" I just don't get the humor. If that really happened to someone would you think it was okay to laugh? I just don't get the punchline.

There are a variety of posts like this on SDN. "I forgot to certify" or "my thing still says ranking, is that ok?" I just don't get the humor. If that really happened to someone would you think it was okay to laugh? I just don't get the punchline.

Yes, it's ok to laugh. It's funny in the same way that

35536602di2.jpg

is funny.

It's over the top ridiculous to think that a bunch of people who are supposedly intelligent and have nearly finished medical school can't figure out how to make a list on the internet. It is HILARIOUS.

Maybe you just don't like sarcasm.

I agree that it would be sad if someone at this stage couldn't figure out how to work their list and certify. I find it funny that I received and email yesterday morning from a program making sure that I had the right ID number on my list, because "it can be a bit confusing". I would think that if someone couldn't figure out something so simple that you wouldn't want them in your program.

I agree that it would be sad if someone at this stage couldn't figure out how to work their list and certify. I find it funny that I received and email yesterday morning from a program making sure that I had the right ID number on my list, because "it can be a bit confusing". I would think that if someone couldn't figure out something so simple that you wouldn't want them in your program.

I have to agree on that one.
I received an email from one of the TY programs in which they provided a number and an extensive explanation why they had to do it. Basically their secretary was receiving 10 calls/hour about the program ID number because people couldn't find it on the NRMP website.
Well, if you can't find something really simple like a program # than how did you manage to get that far in med school?? That's beyond me...

I have to agree on that one.
I received an email from one of the TY programs in which they provided a number and an extensive explanation why they had to do it. Basically their secretary was receiving 10 calls/hour about the program ID number because people couldn't find it on the NRMP website.
Well, if you can't find something really simple like a program # than how did you manage to get that far in med school?? That's beyond me...

While what you say is true, where is the actual listing of programs and their NRMP numbers?

Most programs' literature fails to mention this number so you have to rely on finding the program on the search tool that the NRMP has. If there are similar programs with similar names (or satellite campuses' programs that share a common university name...i.e. University of Florida-whatever), it probably could be confusing. But I agree that it's not really that difficult. For the paranoid, it can be a nightmare, however! They should have a screen that pops up and says, "You are done with the rank order list. Now, stop worrying because you're done with the entire interview-match process. See you on March 15th!"

While what you say is true, where is the actual listing of programs and their NRMP numbers?

Most programs' literature fails to mention this number so you have to rely on finding the program on the search tool that the NRMP has. If there are similar programs with similar names (or satellite campuses' programs that share a common university name...i.e. University of Florida-whatever), it probably could be confusing. But I agree that it's not really that difficult. For the paranoid, it can be a nightmare, however! They should have a screen that pops up and says, "You are done with the rank order list. Now, stop worrying because you're done with the entire interview-match process. See you on March 15th!"

Yeah, I agree. There were a flurry of IMs as my friends and I were entering our ROLs. "Is this really how it works?" "These names look sort of similar." "Is there any reason why the program numbers on the NRMP site have to be completely different from the numbers on ERAS?" And my favorite: "Why can't we just take the programs that we applied to via ERAS and just, you know, put them in order?"

It's just another ridiculous hoop. Let's hear all the koolaid drinkers come out of the woodwork and claim how the match is our friend. :rolleyes:

I received and email yesterday morning from a program making sure that I had the right ID number on my list, because "it can be a bit confusing".
I received an e-mail from a program last wk that said -

"PLEASE MAKE NOTE of the difference in cities. Although the LSU main campus is in New Orleans, our residency - ... - is physically located in Kenner... When selecting us as one of your programs to rank, please be sure to look for the above information on NRMP."

I suppose there can be potential confusion, but I would have figured it out anyways.