Can't find any PE dates after failure.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sn66990

Reaction score
I'm sorry I know this has just been posted, but I honestly don't know what else to do. I have been having a terrible 4th year with only 3 interviews, and now the failed PE. I have been checking multiple times every hour, but no open dates. Any advice at all? My school, and the NBOME have been no help at all.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry I know this has just been posted, but I honestly don't know what else to do. I have been having a terrible 4th year with only 3 interviews, and now the failed PE. I have been checking multiple times every hour, but no open dates. Any advice at all? My school, and the NBOME have been no help at all.
You have to call and check everyday. I am showing open spots in PA:
upload_2018-12-11_17-33-56.png

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I called them earlier today, and have been checking but didn't see any openings. You think they were gone by the time I checked or there's something wrong with my account?
If you read the other thread the same kind of thing happened and there was a cancellation. The guy insisted there was an open spot showing and they found it.

I called them earlier today, and have been checking but didn't see any openings. You think they were gone by the time I checked or there's something wrong with my account?

I have been told that there are "special" spots reserved for people who are doing a retake of the PE. My understanding was that these were additional spots reserved only for retakes. However, your experience as well as a previous students' experience lead me to think there may be a glitch in the system where repeating students can only see these special dates, and if they are filled, it will show nothing as available. It would explain why other students are able to see dates that you are not. In addition to calling with the information provided by a fellow student above, you may be able to get some help from one of your deans.

I see 2 dates available next week
But I’ll also note the same thing from the other thread: why did you fail? Humanistic or biomechanical? Do you have a plan in place to not fail this time? I realize the incredible importance of taking it now for match, but if you fail again you’re utterly screwed
655998A6-85F9-4E21-96D2-D22155F17769.jpeg

Was able to get a hold of the department that deals with PE only, and they informed that first-time takers have a different window vs those who had already taken it, I definitely think there is a glitch in the system. I was, however, able to get a date through the phone. I failed because of the humanistic portion, I honestly don't understand how considering how easily I get along with real patients and have never been socially awkward in my life. I do have a plan to fix as I worked with someone from my school, and hope that my nerves this time won't prevent me from doing so.

Was able to get a hold of the department that deals with PE only, and they informed that first-time takers have a different window vs those who had already taken it, I definitely think there is a glitch in the system. I was, however, able to get a date through the phone. I failed because of the humanistic portion, I honestly don't understand how considering how easily I get along with real patients and have never been socially awkward in my life. I do have a plan to fix as I worked with someone from my school, and hope that my nerves this time won't prevent me from doing so.
Awesome, good luck!
Just remember to help them up and down, tie their gown back and express sympathy/excitement.
“I lost my husband a year ago” -> “oh I’m so sorry to hear that. How are you doing?”
“I’ve lost 20 lbs!” -> “oh congratulations! That’s so wonderful, you’re on the right track!”

I think the red is straight up lie to justify not fixing a problem, but its expected considering the source. We had people who had already taken it and passed getting the same dates in the previous thread. Either way, glad this worked out for you.

I think the red is straight up lie to justify not fixing a problem, but its expected considering the source. We had people who had already taken it and passed getting the same dates in the previous thread. Either way, glad this worked out for you.

My understanding is that it is specifically people who have failed who get a different window. Regardless, it seems like there is an issue with their system, unless they are trying to specifically exclude repeaters from the first timers window.