CAP is jumping on the bandwagon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alteran

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got this from CAP which I pasted below:
1622643584274.png

Given that fully two-thirds of every incoming PGY-1 class for some years now are non-US medical graduates, is this really an issue??? Pathology is many, many things - but racist isn't one of them. Did I miss something?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
They are just jumping on bandwagon like everybody else. I see so many diversity and inclusion committees at almost every organization, but luck of any action or even need for the action in Pathology or in Medicine in general.

Medicine has been getting woke for some time now, and is becoming no different from these virtue signaling corporate behemoths like Disney and Facebook.

In 2020, doctors were putting their bodies in front of cars to prevent anti-lockdown protestors from gathering at state capitals for fear these people would kill grandma and kill health care heroes. Then came the Floyd death, and suddenly doctors were gathered en masse in parking lots of hospitals kneeling for BLM and telling us such mind raping statements that “Floyd protests don’t spread coronavirus “ and “white supremacy and racism is a far deadlier pandemic than COVID19 “ so protests are vital. Have a 10,000 person trans Black Lives Matter protest in Brooklyn is fine, but a synagogue service in Brooklyn is a superspreader event, or taking your kids to a Brooklyn park (later padlocked) was an offense warranting arrest. I lost every ounce of respect for the medical establishment at that point. Now I hear medicine is systemically racist and has to be deconstructed from within. Would a bankrupt single mom meth addict from Appalachia get treated better than an Oprah Winfrey? The only color that matters in medicine is green... as in $$$$$.

After the 1/6 riots, CAP sent out a letter decrying the “insurrection” but had nothing to say when the anti Kavanaugh rioters invaded DC buildings, or when cities were being burned to the ground and children murdered by BLM.

I thought medicine was a place to be where science prevailed, respect was earned and you treated all patients as equals, you helped treat but first did no harm. I didn’t think corporate wokeness would infest medicine so thoroughly.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This stuff, absolutely, no s***, makes me happy I am seventy and not 20. I worry about my grandsons.

Reactions: 1 user
They are just jumping on bandwagon like everybody else. I see so many diversity and inclusion committees at almost every organization, but luck of any action or even need for the action in Pathology or in Medicine in general.

It's way easier to say you're actively doing something (ie, hiring, etc) than to say you already have discrimination policies in place.

Optics, man. Optics.

I was looking through Doximity last night at residency programs (though this was for FM). They were boasting statistics that the faculty were 80% nonwhite and 76% of residents were nonwhite. Maybe inclusion by exclusion is the way now?
Probably not exclusion. Probably just that FM is bottom of the medicine ladder and attracts lots of foreign docs.

Dismantle the CAP to fight racism?

I also saw the CAP email junk. I replied to them - please focus more on job market.... they are hypocritical, in the name of good.

Probably not exclusion. Probably just that FM is bottom of the medicine ladder and attracts lots of foreign docs.
I'm looking at the NRMP data right now.
FM has 9% NON-US IMG, psych 7%, peds 11%, IM 24.5%.
Do you wanna guess which specialty is the bottom of the medicine with the whooping 38%??