Capella Online School Psychology PsyD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cervello

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information about this program? I know there are a few threads about other Capella programs but not this one specifically. A family member was just admitted, and I'm feeling concerned about what they might be signing up for. I've been googling, and I can't seem to find much about this program. For instance, is there an internship requirement? Is it accredited in any way? How much is my family member going to be in the hole when all is said & done? :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any information about this program? I know there are a few threads about other Capella programs but not this one specifically. A family member was just admitted, and I'm feeling concerned about what they might be signing up for. I've been googling, and I can't seem to find much about this program. For instance, is there an internship requirement? Is it accredited in any way? How much is my family member going to be in the hole when all is said & done? :eek:

Online doesn't work for professional psychology training (or any counseling/therapy/assessment training, for that matter), period. Applied skills in human interaction *need* to be taught face-to-face. IMO, so do research skills. It's not worth the debt in any way, shape, or form, and the training likely won't be sufficient or have much credibility.

Any school psych degree will require a year of internship and prac before that, AFAIK.

Reactions: 1 user
Online doesn't work for professional psychology training (or any counseling/therapy/assessment training, for that matter), period. Applied skills in human interaction *need* to be taught face-to-face. IMO, so do research skills. It's not worth the debt in any way, shape, or form, and the training likely won't be sufficient or have much credibility.

Any school psych degree will require a year of internship and prac before that, AFAIK.

I completely agree with you re: online training. I'm just looking for more info before I have what I'm sure is going to be a very fun conversation with my family member. And this is definitely going to show my ignorance regarding school psych, but do your internships involve APPIC as well? Or, where would I find match stats for school psych programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
School psych. programs do involve APPIC if the person wishes to find an internship this way. Some just do their doctoral internship in a school system and do not go through the APPIC/APA match system. It just depends on the person's interests. You should be able to find match stats for schools on their website.

Capella anything seems like a poor training choice, particularly for psychology. School Psych has a large component of assessment, which seems next to impossible to do in an online format. You are right to be skeptical.

Capella anything seems like a poor training choice, particularly for psychology. School Psych has a large component of assessment, which seems next to impossible to do in an online format. You are right to be skeptical.

THIS
4 days of training for their assessment training is not even close to being enough nor does it begin to scratch the surface. Yes statistics is offered but it is a joke in and of itself.

Trust me when I say this. Don't go there...Been there. Done that. I wouldn't recommend the program