Rendar5

15+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2003
Florida
Status
Attending Physician
The diaphragms on the Littman III function the same as a bell with light pressure due to the design. Firm pressure makes the diaphragm function like a typical diaphragm.

There shouldn't be a reason to convert the pediatric side except for show. Now if that's what you want, then I do actually think that's a perfectly good reason. The kit will come with the bell adapter for replacement.

The Angriest Bird

10+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
No, it doesn't. To convert the pediatric diaphragm to the bell, you have to make an appointment with a plastic surgeon, and it has to be done under strict sterile technique with the assistance of a cardiopulmonary bypass machine.

I'm just teasing you :) The "kit" = your hands, and the technique is yank the diaphragm out and whack the bell onto the same spot.

FYI: The stethoscope ain't really a very delicate scientific instrument as most people think

OP
D

DeadCactus

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The diaphragms on the Littman III function the same as a bell with light pressure due to the design. Firm pressure makes the diaphragm function like a typical diaphragm.

There shouldn't be a reason to convert the pediatric side except for show. Now if that's what you want, then I do actually think that's a perfectly good reason. The kit will come with the bell adapter for replacement.
I just like the feel of Litmans, but don't want an adjustable bell and diaphragm. At least I can get it half-right...