Cardio III: Comes with bell replacement for pedi diaphragm?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeadCactus

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the cardio III come with the kit to convert the pedi diaphragm to a bell?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The diaphragms on the Littman III function the same as a bell with light pressure due to the design. Firm pressure makes the diaphragm function like a typical diaphragm.

There shouldn't be a reason to convert the pediatric side except for show. Now if that's what you want, then I do actually think that's a perfectly good reason. The kit will come with the bell adapter for replacement.

No, it doesn't. To convert the pediatric diaphragm to the bell, you have to make an appointment with a plastic surgeon, and it has to be done under strict sterile technique with the assistance of a cardiopulmonary bypass machine.

I'm just teasing you :) The "kit" = your hands, and the technique is yank the diaphragm out and whack the bell onto the same spot.

FYI: The stethoscope ain't really a very delicate scientific instrument as most people think

The diaphragms on the Littman III function the same as a bell with light pressure due to the design. Firm pressure makes the diaphragm function like a typical diaphragm.

There shouldn't be a reason to convert the pediatric side except for show. Now if that's what you want, then I do actually think that's a perfectly good reason. The kit will come with the bell adapter for replacement.

I just like the feel of Litmans, but don't want an adjustable bell and diaphragm. At least I can get it half-right...