This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D1f3r3nt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!
I've recently decided to in-depth study ECG and fo in some real big trouble.
I've heard from a cardiologist that "r" wave in V1 records right ventricle depolarization (as it is closer to RV), while "s" wave records LV depolarization. And, at the same time, in the frontal plane, q-r-s waves record three different vectors in time (septal and so forth). I didn't get (neither he was able to explain) the reason V1 sees the sum of all three different vectors instead of decomposing then in time with three different deflections.
If that is wrong, that leaves the problem of V1 not seeing the third vector (which would be positve), as in V1 there is only rS.

As this doubt follows, I would like a book/article with vectorial analysis x time x ECG tracing for each lead on ECG, so I can make sense of every wave in the tracing instead of having a general ideia / memorizing ecg criteria. I even draw a 3D model of every lead in geogebra and the three vectors of QRS complex so I could decompose them, but it did not match perfectly with ECG tracing...

Do you guys have any recommendations on books and 3d models of vector/ecg interpretation?

Members don't see this ad.