- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties
- Cardiology
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cardiology fellowship application 2020-2021
Started by bm2001
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone get a Casper screening interview?
ive never done one before, any insight?
ive never done one before, any insight?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an email that ChristianaCare that they received my application, and are all-virtual this year for interviews, and would send out invites by September 11.
Is there a way to see if a program has downloaded your application? I remember vaguely during match for residency, you could see which programs downloaded your application.
As far as I can tell, no way to know. I got a message from one of the programs I applied to that they received my application, and will review apps for next 2-3 weeks before sending out invites. No changes in status of apps, documents, etc in MyEras for that program compared to other programs that did not message me.
CanuckInUS87
New Member
Anyone get a Casper screening interview?
ive never done one before, any insight?
I also got one. A friend of mine did one for residency and said they are fairly painful. Just some ethical stuff with non-medical situations. To my knowledge, the CASPer program scores us, not the program, then sends the score to the program.
So where are people getting Casper from- anyway to get a running list running? I can start
ECU- Casper Received 8/12
ECU- Casper Received 8/12
SameSo where are people getting Casper from- anyway to get a running list running? I can start
ECU- Casper Received 8/12
Ecu does same thing every year, only place that does the CASPer. And they get $12 per sucker that does it
the question to ask is, what are you hoping to gain? You can see if the things are available. Some programs have reached out they are starting to look. Sending them a thing to say you applied is something they will already know and they will review it on their own time. Only thing I can see happening is they recognize your name for the reason of emailing. Then it depends on if they see that as annoying/overeager or like genuine interest. It's only been a day.Is it a good idea to email programs so that the application could be reviewed? What are the pros and cons?
Ricko
New Member
I got one. Never did before as well. Take a look at their site.Anyone get a Casper screening interview?
ive never done one before, any insight?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there are numerous programs who are no longer accepting applications. I think they are doing so with the idea it will be a highly compressed timeline. So I'd guess they're just done getting appsUniversity of Iowa is not accepting application starting 08/12/20. Does it mean they will only review applications submitted on first day or they are going out of match? Any idea?
No replies yet amongst the 8 people in my program that applied (excluding Vidant ethics nonsense).
there are numerous programs who are no longer accepting applications. I think they are doing so with the idea it will be a highly compressed timeline. So I'd guess they're just done getting apps
YEAH, this one too:
Cleveland Clinic Foundation Program - As of 08/14/2020, this program is no longer accepting applications for the ERAS 2021 season. If you applied before this date, the program will be able to access your application. |
Same with the 5-6 from my program as well. Would anticipate Monday would be earliest things will start coming out.No replies yet amongst the 8 people in my program that applied (excluding Vidant ethics nonsense).
there are numerous programs who are no longer accepting applications. I think they are doing so with the idea it will be a highly compressed timeline. So I'd guess they're just done getting apps
how were you able to get this information?
just looking around at websites for the one's that actually have info out there and making a logical conclusion. none of this is hard and fasthow were you able to get this information?
This info is available on ERAS, if you search programs some say no longer acceptingjust looking around at websites for the one's that actually have info out there and making a logical conclusion. none of this is hard and fast
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I just checked all the programs on eras, only the 2 mentioned above said no longer accepting. That’s as of 2 hrs ago.
Also, another applicant from my program received communication from the University of Washington regarding the personal statement guidelines (what to include, word count). Anyone else received that as well?
I did as well.Also, another applicant from my program received communication from the University of Washington regarding the personal statement guidelines (what to include, word count). Anyone else received that as well?
D
deleted1067051
I got UW email too asking for a 300 word personal statement
My personal statement otherwise is 550 words, is that considered too long? (Going by UW's expectations)
What is a decent word count?
What is a decent word count?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1067051
Apart from UW, my PS for all other programs is 600 words
got that also. it was on their website application info on what to include when applying. think they were just reiterating to everyone that that was what they wantedAlso, another applicant from my program received communication from the University of Washington regarding the personal statement guidelines (what to include, word count). Anyone else received that as well?
yeah looks like Cleveland Clinic and U of Iowa have listed that as such.This info is available on ERAS, if you search programs some say no longer accepting
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Some other programs (not extensive, but just searching some places) have said they won't accept materials any longer on their website
BIDMC 8/12
Cedars 8/12
Duke 8/12
Good luck to everyone applying. I wanted to leave some information about a newer cardiology fellowship program at an already well established Heart Hospital in the Dallas area. The program currently has two classes and will take 4 fellows/year. Beginning next year, advanced fellowships will be available in Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology, and Heart Failure (1 fellow each for now). We currently have a robust structural fellowship with 2 fellows each year.
Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship - Plano TX | BSWHealth.med
If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to DM me.
Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship - Plano TX | BSWHealth.med
If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to DM me.
Good luck to everyone applying. I wanted to leave some information about a newer cardiology fellowship program at an already well established Heart Hospital in the Dallas area. The program currently has two classes and will take 4 fellows/year. Beginning next year, advanced fellowships will be available in Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology, and Heart Failure (1 fellow each for now). We currently have a robust structural fellowship with 2 fellows each year.
Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship - Plano TX | BSWHealth.med
If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to DM me.
Thanks. The website states the requirement for ABSITE score?
IMG:
DO:
AMG:
North Shore LIJ - 8/16
Rejections:
8/13 NUMC
DO:
AMG:
North Shore LIJ - 8/16
Rejections:
8/13 NUMC
IMG:
DO:
AMG:
North Shore LIJ - 8/16
Rejections:
8/13 NUMC
Here we go! The season is kicking in, good luck!
Let the excitement begin! Good luck allHere we go! The season is kicking in, good luck!
North Shore LIJ interview spots were all taken fast. What are the chances of a spot opening up?
Wait, they sent out more invites than actual interview slots?
Thanks. The website states the requirement for ABSITE score?
That's a mistake on the website, ABSITE is NOT required. The ABSITE is only for CT surgery fellowship applications.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess so!
Dang that's pretty cold. Well I hope a spot opens up for you!
no there should still be spots - i'm seeing a total of ~20 interview spots on 2 wednesdays that are open on my end (I already signed up for another interview day)
When did they send out invites?no there should still be spots - i'm seeing a total of ~20 interview spots on 2 wednesdays that are open on my end (I already signed up for another interview day)
Evening of 8/15 for me
When did they send out invites?
It was full for me as well (at 10:45am when I had a chance). I had to wait list for a couple dates. Where are you seeing Wednesdays? All dates I see are Mondays and Fridays.
Similar threads
- Question
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 434
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 10K