Cardiology fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sidds1985

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is the first time I am posting in SDN. I am currently working as a hospitalist. I finished my IM residency from a community hospital in 2016. I am planning to apply for cardiology fellowship and wondering what are my chances of matching or getting interviews. My cv will be as follows:

Step1 244
Step2 235
Step3 207
CS passed
Residency from community hospital
Masters in clinical and translational research from George Washington university.
1 abstract publication
6 case reports
3 meta-analysis ( 2-3 will be in the pipeline when I apply)
GC

Will appreciate your input. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

You have a 32.7% of getting interviews, and a 9.87654% chance of matching. Gluck!

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I am posting in SDN. I am currently working as a hospitalist. I finished my IM residency from a community hospital in 2016. I am planning to apply for cardiology fellowship and wondering what are my chances of matching or getting interviews. My cv will be as follows:

Step1 244
Step2 235
Step3 207
CS passed
Residency from community hospital
Masters in clinical and translational research from George Washington university.
1 abstract publication
6 case reports
3 meta-analysis ( 2-3 will be in the pipeline when I apply)
GC

Will appreciate your input. Thank you.

Are an AMG or a FMG? That’s the biggest initial dividing point. If AMG then 90 % if FMG closer to 50 %

Reactions: 1 user
Have you ever applied and how did you do ? what has changed since then

When you say 6 case reports--is that in reference to manuscripts or posters?

Nobody can tell you your true chance.

However for an IMG (am assuming) -my advice include
1. Publications /scholarly work. If those cases are just posters then I think you are behind the curve. And a lot of time, things in the pipeline doesnt mean much to PDs. My sense is they want objective data of what has been published. SO if you can move those from " in pipeline" to accepted or published that would be great
2. Stellar letters of recs
3. Contacts